Nothing can compare to the dozens of brilliant Christmas shows that Branson showcases each year for the holiday season. (Take a look at our comprehensive list of Christmas shows) But how about something to do in-between shows? Maybe something you’ve never done before, or can’t do back home? Here are some great ideas for adding a little something extra to your holiday visit in Branson this year!
- Create the perfect gift at Branson’s Famous Old Time Photos! Try on a Santa costume, or maybe Mrs. Clause, or how about an elf? This wonderful photo shop has all three options, as well as a vintage-style Christmas tree on a rustic cabin porch, ideal for creating a memorable instant photo that’s ready for framing and giving to family and friends.
- Tour Historic Downtown Branson in a horse-drawn carriage! You’ll find the carriage loading area at the corner of Commercial and Atlantic streets. It’s such a romantic way to spend time with your significant other, or a fun treat for the kids! And rest assured, these animals are well cared for and very much loved by their handlers.
- See the sparkling Christmas lights of Branson from a 230-foot point-of-view! Just visit Inspiration Tower at the Shepherd of the Hills Homestead and travel to the top in a glass elevator for Branson’s most breathtaking view! You can start out by driving through the Trail of Lights at the Homestead - your tower visit comes free when you purchase tickets for the Trail of Lights!
- See a parade that features absolutely no company advertising or corporate sponsorships on display...really! Branson’s Annual Adoration Parade in Historic Downtown is held only to celebrate the true meaning of Christmas. Like other parades, it’s filled with floats, marching bands, and more, and it’s every bit as beautiful and exciting. At the start of the parade, you can witness the annual lighting of the Adoration Scene atop Mt. Branson, it’s likely to be the largest nativity you’ve ever seen - it’s an impressive 24-feet-tall! The parade takes place on Sunday, December 4 at 6:00 p.m.
- Enjoy Branson’s first annual city-wide display of Christmas trees! More than 50 trees are on display at various businesses around town; they’re all competing to be named the best tree by Branson’s newly created Christmas Coalition. (You’ll find a map to all the trees here: 2016 Ozark Mountain Christmas Tree Contest)
There’s so much more to do during this happiest of holidays, just take a peek at our Branson Christmas website for lots of excellent information to help you have a very merry Ozark Mountain Christmas in Branson! Ready to book your trip right now? Give us a call and one of our local, experienced vacation planning specialists will be happy to help you!
Everyone here wishes you and yours the merriest of Christmases in 2016, and for many more years to come!