Branson Zipline’s Wolfe Mountain Walking Tour is the perfect way to enjoy this stunning preserve, especially for people who want to keep their feet on the ground! Actually, the Walking Tour is ideal for anyone who enjoys a good hike, and getting pictures along the way -- the Wolfe Mountain Preserve is beautiful, and everybody could always use a little bit of exercise in the great outdoors. When groups visit Branson Zipline, the Walking Tour is wonderful entertainment for members of the group who won’t be zipping. The hike begins at the top of Wolfe Mountain; you’ll be transported there by an authentic Pinzgauer Swiss Army Troop vehicle, and you’ll be accompanied by a very knowledgeable guide. Along the way, you’ll experience the many trees and other plant life that thrive in the Ozarks -- and keep an eye out for the wildlife, like deer, raccoons, chipmunks, red and gray squirrels, and armadillos. Trees include hundred-foot tall, 200-year-old white oak scattered amongst clusters of dogwood, oak, and ash. Depending upon the time of year, wildflowers are abundant along the creek and in many other areas of the preserve. Your guide will tell you about the original owners of the property, the Wolfe family, and about early settlers in the area, who left behind historic bridges and mining implements.
Midway through your Branson Zipline Wolfe Mountain Walking Tour, you’ll stop for a break that includes water and an energy-charged snack. And if your family or fellow group members are on the Ozarks Explorer Canopy Tour, you’ll get to meet up with them -- they take their snack break at the same time, giving you a great outdoor photo opp! And because the tour guides are friendly and accommodating, these hikes can be flexible to best suit the needs of your group.
Additional Information/Helpful Hints
- Branson Zipline is located in Wolfe Mountain Preserve - just 9 miles north of Branson - at 2339 U.S. 65 in Walnut Shade.
- Allow one-and-a-half (1.5) to two (2) hours for your Wolfe Mountain Walking Tour.
- There are no age or weight restrictions; however, participants must be healthy and agile enough to complete the hike. The number of participants is flexible.
- Your Walking Tour includes a mid-mountain snack break. No gum-chewing or smoking while on the tour.
- Wildlife encountered along the trail must not be fed.
- Guests should wear casual, comfortable clothing, and closed-toe shoes suitable for hiking.
- The Preserve is open daily from February 10 through December 31 for tours, including holidays. Operating hours can change seasonally, and according to the weather.
- Wolfe Mountain Station offers a themed gift shop that includes not only logo merchandise, but unique items like handmade Amish crafts and canned goods, birdhouses, home decor, and more.
- The store typically opens at 8:00 a.m. depending on the season, but will always open by 9:00 a.m. when weather permits.
For a long time, it was difficult to find guided hiking tours in the Branson area, but now Branson Zipline has not only stepped up to offer an eco-adventure, they’ve gone all-out to make sure your tour exceeds expectations! To get really up-close-and-personal with the gifts Mother Nature has given to the Ozarks, look no further than Branson Zipline’s Wolfe Mountain Walking Tour!
- All participants must sign a waiver; those under 18 years-of-age (17 and under) must have the signature of their parent or legal guardian.
- Children must be able to complete their tour independent of an adult.
- All zipline guests must be in good physical health with average strength and mobility in order to participate; they must also be able to independently maneuver through openings that are 24-inches-wide.
- Anyone with serious medical conditions, including heart-related issues, back injuries, and/or other serious illnesses, and/or those who do not meet the above requirements, cannot participate in Branson Zipline activities.
- All participants must be able to hear verbal directions from at least 60 feet away, and be able to see someone at least 60 feet away.
- Zipline participants must have the strength to climb a 40-foot vertical incline, bring their knees to their chest, and walk approximately 100 yards across suspended walkways.
- Wolfe Mountain Preserve allows smoking only in designated areas; everything outside a designated area is smoke-free. Further, participates cannot use tobacco products of any kind during their tour and/or while wearing equipment provided by Branson Zipline.
- Individuals impaired by alcohol and/or drugs will not be permitted to participate; this includes impairment by legal or illegal drugs.
- All participants must arrive at Wolfe Creek Station for tour check-in at least 30 minutes before their scheduled tour. All tours begin on time; refunds will not be issued for late arrivals.
- There are restrooms at Wolfe Creek Station - please plan accordingly as there are no restroom facilities anywhere else on the property.
- There are no weather-related refunds; Branson Zipline reserves the right to proceed with scheduled tours regardless of the weather. In the event of lightning, the General Manager reserves the right to cancel a tour.
- Participants in the Wolfe Mountain Photo Safari must be capable of climbing a flight of stairs, and hiking over gentle downhill terrain for a distance of approximately one-and-one-half miles (1.5) over a period of an hour and a half (1.5 hours.)