Julie C Myers’ Country Rock N Blues Review teams Myers with singer/songwriter, Tammy Joplin, in a tribute to the most unforgettable women in music! This energetic and dynamic live performance shares the music of, and the stories behind, iconic female country singers, rockers, and those irresistible beauties of the blues! You’ll be treated to the best of Sheryl Crow, Dolly Parton, Janis Joplin, Stevie Nicks, Bonnie Raitt, the Dixie Chicks, Anne Wilson of Heart, The Judds, and more. And you’ll especially love the music of the female icons who might not be household names, but whose influence can be heard in every young artist following in their footsteps -- icons like bluesy folk singer, Ruthie Foster, a phenomenal musician and vocalist, and the legendary Big Mama Thornton. If you love Elvis Presley’s “Hound Dog,” you need to hear the original version from Big Mama - it’s freakin’ amazing...the Country Rock N Blues Review gives her music the long overdue justice it deserves! You’ll also enjoy Julie C Myers’ and Tammy Joplin’s original compositions, showcased in this exciting production that gives you a glimpse into their fast-paced lives as popular performers and recording artists, and how they were influenced by the female artists to whom they pay tribute in the unforgettable Country Rock N Blues Review!
Helpful Hints/Additional Information
- Julie C Myers’ Country Rock N Blues Review can be seen at the Dream Theatre.
- The Dream Theatre, formerly known as the Icon Theatre, is located at 3307 West Highway 76.
- The show runs from March through November, and can be seen on Wednesday and Friday at 3:00PM.
- The theatre and stage have been updated; it’s a smaller theater that gives audiences a more intimate show experience.
- The theatre has accessible seating for guests with disabilities. All parking is level.
- There is a pub/restaurant on site that seats 120.
- Ask about a combo ticket that includes a meal with the show. A beef, chicken, or fish meal with all the fixins' is available.
For a rockin’ good time filled with the country, blues, and rock music made famous by the most prolific female artists from the past six-plus decades, look no further than Branson’s two notable ladies of the stage - Julie C Myers and Tammy Joplin (yep, she’s related!) - in the sensational presentation of Julie C Myers’ Country Rock N Blues Review!