Jimmy Fortune returns to Branson, courtesy of the Boot Daddy Concert Series! He’s an incredible solo artist and the only member of the Statler Brothers still touring today...and what a Statler he was! An amazing songwriter, Fortune penned a #1 hit for the Statler Brothers shortly after joining the group in the early 1980’s -- he lived up to his ‘fortunate’ name by ensuring this iconic quartet remained a relevant force in music for years to come. After “Elizabeth” became a huge success for Jimmy Fortune and The Statler Brothers, he blessed them with a couple more chart-toppers; “My Only Love” and “Too Much On My Heart,” and penned the Top Ten hit, “Forever,” as well as co-writing “More Than a Name on the Wall,” another Top Ten success story. He’s performed everywhere, including on television in The Nashville Network’s incredibly popular series, The Statler Brothers Show; it debuted as the highest rated show for the network and went on to air for seven seasons. He proudly performed for President Ronald Reagan and President George H. W. Bush, and actually looked into the legendary blue eyes of the gorgeous Elizabeth Taylor as he sang his iconic song, “Elizabeth” -- try finding another singer who can claim that remarkable memory!
Early in their career, The Statler Brothers were blessed with ACM, CMA, and Grammy Awards, and with Jimmy Fortune as part of the group since 1982, they were inducted into the Gospel Music Association Hall of Fame and the Country Music Association Hall of Fame. After their retirement in 2002, Fortune successfully launched a solo career to bring new music to his big family of fans, aptly titling his first solo CD, “When One Door Closes.” He’s also released gospel and Christmas music CD’s, as well as a live concert DVD.
Helpful Hints/Additional Information
- Jimmy Fortune will appear in the Americana Theatre's Boot Daddy Concert Series.
- The Americana Theatre is located on Branson’s famous Strip - 2905 W 76 Country Blvd.
- You can see Jimmy in one of four concerts at the Americana - October 18 at 2:00PM, October 19 at 7:30PM, December 12 at 7:30PM, and December 13 at 2:00PM. Don’t be shy - get tickets for all four shows!
- There is a gift shop, concession area, and full-service diner on site at the theatre.
- Special seating for the disabled is available in theatre.
- There is ample, flat parking available, including designated parking for motorcoaches.
- Non-flash photography is permitted during the show.
- Jimmy Fortune’s performance will be family-friendly and suitable for all ages.
You loved the Statler Brothers because of all those incredible songs...don’t miss the amazing singer, songwriter, and guitar-pickin’ legend who penned some of their biggest hits...he’s the incomparable Jimmy Fortune, and he’s back in Branson for the Boot Daddy Concert Series...make sure you join him!