Jimmy Fortune returns to Branson! He’s an incredible solo artist and the only member of the Statler Brothers still touring today...and what a Statler he was! An amazing songwriter, Fortune penned a #1 hit for the Statler Brothers shortly after joining the group in the early 1980s -- he lived up to his ‘fortunate’ name by ensuring this iconic quartet remained a relevant force in music for years to come. After “Elizabeth” became a huge success for Jimmy Fortune and The Statler Brothers, he blessed them with a couple more chart-toppers, “My Only Love” and “Too Much On My Heart,” and penned the Top Ten hit, “Forever,” as well as co-writing “More Than a Name on the Wall,” another Top Ten success story.
Jimmy Fortune has performed everywhere, including on television in The Nashville Network’s incredibly popular series, The Statler Brothers Show; it debuted as the highest rated show for the network and went on to air for seven seasons. He proudly performed for President Ronald Reagan and President George H. W. Bush, and actually looked into the legendary violet eyes of the gorgeous Elizabeth Taylor as he sang his iconic song, “Elizabeth” -- try finding another singer who can claim that remarkable memory!
Early in their career, The Statler Brothers were blessed with ACM, CMA, and Grammy Awards, and with Jimmy Fortune as part of the group since 1982, they were inducted into the Gospel Music Association Hall of Fame and the Country Music Association Hall of Fame. After their retirement in 2002, Fortune successfully launched a solo career to bring new music to his big family of fans, aptly titling his first solo CD, “When One Door Closes.” He’s also released gospel and Christmas music CD’s, as well as a live concert DVD.
Helpful Hints/Additional Information
- Jimmy Fortune will appear at the Mansion Entertainment Center.
- The Mansion is located at 189 Expressway Lane.
- You can see Jimmy on five different dates: Friday, November 6 at 8:00 p.m. and at 3:00 p.m. on Thursday, September 24, October 8 and 15, and November 12. Don’t be shy - get tickets for all five shows!
- There is a gift shop and concession area in the Entertainment Center.
- Special seating for the disabled is available in the theatre.
- There is ample parking available, as well as a convenient circle drive area where guests can be dropped at the entrance.
- Non-flash photography is permitted during the show.
- Jimmy Fortune’s performance will be family-friendly and suitable for all ages.
- The Mansion Entertainment Center is also featuring concerts from these artists this season: Dailey & Vincent, Bellamy Brothers, Gene Watson, Neal McCoy, The Gatlin Brothers, Joe Diffie, Tony Orlando, and The Gatlins in their Country & Christmas production.
You loved the Statler Brothers because of all those incredible songs, don’t miss the amazing singer, songwriter, and guitar-pickin’ legend who penned some of their biggest hits - he’s the incomparable Jimmy Fortune and he’ll be back in Branson, make sure you join him!