Michael W. Smith is coming to Branson for one highly-anticipated concert performance! Few names are as synonymous with Christian contemporary music superstardom, and music fans from all over will be lining up to see Smith blow the doors off the Welk Resort Theatre on May 9! His music resume is impressive - he’s racked up more than a dozen chart-topping albums, planted nearly two dozens songs in the Top Ten on Christian music charts, and had a half dozen of those hits take the #1 spot. Smith’s success on the music charts is significant, but his industry recognition is mind-blowing - he’s received more than a dozen Grammy Award nominations, taking home three awards, including two for Best Pop/Contemporary Gospel Album, and his more than three dozen Dove Awards have probably required a room addition to this home just to display them!
Michael W. Smith’s catalog of music includes hits like “Great is the Lord,” “Pray for Me,” “Rocketown,” “Hosanna,” “Wired for Sound,” “Hand of Providence,” “The Throne,” “I Know,” “Emily,” and “Friends,” featuring another Christian music legend, Amy Grant. His huge horde of Dove Awards includes several for Artist of the Year, Songwriter of the Year, Special Event Album of the Year, and Album of the Year. He’s also the proud recipient of an American Music Award for Favorite New Adult Contemporary Artist, and has been inducted into the Gospel Music Hall of Fame.
Additional Information/Helpful Hints
- Michael W. Smith will be appearing in Branson at the Welk Resort Theatre.
- The Welk complex is located at 1984 Missouri Highway 165.
- Smith’s one-night-only appearance is scheduled for Saturday, May 9 at 7:00 p.m.
- The Welk Resort also houses a full-service hotel and restaurant, a nice gift shop, and condos, as well as an indoor waterpark available for lodging guests.
- Concert attendees have easy access to a concession area, as well as the restaurant, which can be found across the lobby from the interior entrance to the theater. Restrooms are located on either side of the entrance.
- Parking is slightly uphill from the entrance to the theater building, but there is a half-circle drive to make it easy for guest drop-off and pick-up.
- Michael W. Smith’s concert will be family-friendly and suitable entertainment for guests of all ages.
With scores of hit songs, a collection of awards any music legend would envy, and an astonishingly successful career that’s kept him at the top of the Christian music game for nearly thirty years, a huge number of fans will be headed to Branson to see him live in concert - don’t wait to secure your seats for the incomparable Michael W. Smith!