The Chicago - Color My World Tribute Show arrives in Branson! A talented collection of artists, The Chicago Nights, along with the new Branson Brass, are here to remind us why the epic “rock band with horns” has remained one of music’s longest-running and most successful groups. The band who borrowed their moniker from the Chicago Transit Authority, a name they shortened to simply “Chicago” just a year after forming, gave us five albums that topped the music charts, along with nearly two dozen songs that charted in the Top Ten! Chicago hit #1 on the charts with “Look Away,” “Hard to Say I’m Sorry,” and “If You Leave Me Now,” the song that nabbed the band a Grammy Award for Best Pop Performance. Speaking of awards, in addition to many other achievements and accolades, Chicago has been recognized with an American Music Award twice for Favorite Duo or Group, with a People’s Choice Award for Favorite Group, and was inducted into the Grammy Hall of Fame in 2014.
The list of other big songs for Chicago over the years includes “Saturday in the Park,” “Does Anybody Really Know What Time It Is?,” “Old Days,” “25 or 6 to 4,” “Beginnings,” “Baby, What a Big Surprise,” “You’re the Inspiration,” “Feelin’ Stronger Every Day,” and “Colour My World,” the song that was nearly inescapable in the 1970s for anyone who ever attended a high school dance, senior prom, or any wedding anywhere...many a couple enjoyed their first slow dance to this unforgettable Chicago hit! With such a treasure trove of material, the Chicago - Color My World Tribute Show is sure to keep audiences thoroughly entertained!
Additional Information/Helpful Hints:
- Chicago - Color My World Tribute Show performs at Jerry Presley’s God & Country Theaters.
- The theater complex is located at 1840 West 76 Country Boulevard.
- God & Country Theaters offer an intimate show experience for all guests, but the smaller venues means that shows can fill up quickly - make your reservations early!
- You can enjoy the Chicago - Color My World Tribute Show at 2:00 p.m. on Tuesday and Thursday.
- The show runs from April 7 through November 12 in 2020.
- As with all shows at the theater complex, the Chicago - Color My World Tribute Show is family-friendly and suitable for all ages.
- God & Country Theaters play host to several other tribute shows, including new productions like James Taylor & Friends, A Neil Diamond Tribute, and Carpenters Once More.
Great rock bands deliver music that not only sticks around on the airwaves, it lives forever in our souls, and Chicago is one of those rare bands whose music holds a place in the soundtrack of our lives, one generation to the next. It’s not that easy to see them live in concert, but you can get your Chicago fix right here in Branson when the Chicago - Color My World Tribute Show takes the stage!