Marty Haggard - A Tribute to Merle Haggard, & Georgette Jones in Branson! It’s incredible - the offspring of country music royalty, each a star in his and her own right, will light up the stage with music they were born to play! Haggard pays tribute to his father, Merle Haggard, the bigger-than-life superstar singer who helped give ‘outlaw country’ its name. And then there’s the double whammy of remarkable genes bestowed upon Georgette Jones - the only child from the marriage-made-in-country-music-heaven of the beautiful and beloved Tammy Wynette, and country icon, George Jones. Loyal fans of the legendary Haggard, Wynette, and Jones know in their minds that the country music stars they worshipped are gone, but their hearts say otherwise the moment their legacies - Marty and Georgette - take the stage!
Marty Haggard has toured the U.S., Canada, Ireland, Scotland, and England sharing A Tribute to Merle Haggard, as well as performing spiritual music for many years. He enjoyed a hit with his single, “Trains Make Me Lonesome,” the song that nabbed him a Top New Male Vocalist nomination from the Academy of Country Music. Marty’s graced the stage of the Grand Ole Opry, and made numerous television appearances, including on The Today Show, and multiple appearances on Crook & Chase, Music City Tonight, and Nashville Now. Georgette Jones has been blessed with a singing voice that’s, at once, uniquely hers, while still carrying a sound that’s indisputably her mother’s. She’s enjoyed several successful records, including her debut album, “Slightly Used Woman.” She also released a tribute album to her mother, “Til I Can Make It on My Own,” featuring some of her mother’s biggest hits, including her signature song, “Stand By Your Man.”
Additional Information/Helpful Hints
- Marty Haggard - A Tribute to Merle Haggard, & Georgette Jones will appear at Dick Clark’s American Bandstand Theatre.
- The theater is located at 1600 West Highway 76 - there is a gift shop and concessions in the lobby area of the theater.
- The concert is scheduled for Wednesday, October 10, 2018 at 10:00AM.
- Dick Clark’s American Bandstand Theater recently renovated their second floor landing, and is now offering beer and wine service in this lounge-style atmosphere. Drinks are available here before the show and during intermission. No special seating is required to access the landing.
- The theater complex also houses the Celebrity Car Museum & Attraction and Hurts Donut Company.
- Marty Haggard - A Tribute to Merle Haggard, & Georgette Jones will be a family-friendly performance that’s suitable for all ages
- PLEASE NOTE: Tickets for this special limited-engagement performance are non-refundable.
When talent runs in the family, it’s an amazing thing - when that talent is passed down from huge country music legends, it’s something you must experience! Be in Branson on October 10 and charge up your morning with Marty Haggard - A Tribute to Merle Haggard, & Georgette Jones, because you need to say “I was there!”