The Oak Ridge Boys will be back in Branson in 2020! One of Branson’s most popular limited-engagement acts, the Boys are always a huge draw, so tickets sell quickly. And why wouldn’t they? Few country bands can claim the level of success enjoyed by the Oaks; they’ve grabbed a Top Ten spot on the country charts more than 30 times, with more than 15 of their songs hitting the very top of the charts. Their long list of #1’s includes favorites like “This Crazy Love,” “Little Things,” “American Made,” “I’ll Be True to You,” and “Bobbie Sue.” And then there’s “Elvira,” the song that hit the stratosphere of success, and cemented the Oak Ridge Boys’ place in history among music’s elite. “Elvira” not only blasted into the top spot on the country charts in the United States, it also topped the Canadian Country chart, and earned the guys awards from both the Country Music Association and the Academy of Country Music, as well as a Grammy Award for Best Country Performance. And, speaking of Grammy Awards, they also nabbed one for each of these songs: “Where the Soul Never Dies,” “The Baptism of Jesse Taylor,” “Talk About the Good Times,” and “Just a Little Talk With Jesus.”
The Oak Ridge Boys have enjoyed incredible success working on their own, but that hasn’t stopped them from working with some other big names in the music business, including recording with the likes of George Jones, Johnny Cash, Billy Ray Cyrus, Roy Rogers, Brenda Lee, Merle Haggard, and Ray Charles. And, when Paul Simon needed backup vocals on his hit, “Slip Slidin’ Away,” he tapped The Oak Ridge Boys for the job!
Helpful Hints/Additional Information
- The Oak Ridge Boys will be performing at The Mansion Entertainment Center.
- The Mansion is located at 189 Expressway Lane.
- The limited engagement performance schedule for The Oak Ridge Boys will be: April 17 & 18 - September 23, 24 & 30 - October 1, 7, 8, 14, 15, 21, & 22 - November 4, 5, 11, 12, 18, & 19 - all shows are at 8:00 p.m.
- There is a concession area and gift shop in the theater’s spacious lobby.
- The Mansion has ample parking that’s mostly level; however, guests with disabilities can be dropped at the front entrance via the convenient circular driveway.
They’re a force to be reckoned with in the country music industry, and their cross-over hits and diverse history of making great songs has earned them respect across all music genres. There’s only one group that barely needs introduction anywhere they travel...they’re The Oak Ridge Boys, and you’re getting another excellent opportunity to see them in your favorite destination -- Branson, Missouri!