What We Love in Branson This Week!
It’s springtime in Branson, and this first full week of May has us thinking about food, wine, and a couple of fun things to do! For edition #9 of our weekly series, “What We Love In Branson This Week,” we’re showcasing a big screen adventure, a unique miniature golf course, the area’s newest winery (with a great restaurant,) and a couple of other fabulous dining spots!
In this weekly series, we share information about shows, attractions, dining, and more - everything we’re sure you’ll love about Branson...check us out every Sunday to see what we’re lovin’ lately!
Here, in alphabetical order, is What We Love in Branson This Week:
Grand Country’s Farm 18-Hole Mini Golf: Uniquely designed, but filled with familiar fun, it’s got everything you’d typically find “down on the farm,” including life-sized animals, a chicken coop, and even an outhouse!
3 Things We Love About Grand Country’s Farm 18-Hole Mini Golf
1. Ideal family fun! Mini golf has always been one of those things that’s entertaining for the whole family, but among the big batch of courses in Branson, this one is special...sensor-activated sounds and animation, two courses to play, and all those adorable animal characters!
2. Stress-free competition! Mini golf is a great way to compete with each other without the expense and stress a real game of golf comes with - yet, you can still hone your skills with a putter while having fun with the kids!
3. More to do! There’s more mini golf to be played, including a black-light indoor course, live music and comedy shows to see, shopping to be done, an indoor/outdoor waterpark to enjoy, and even more at the Grand Country Complex.
Schedule this week: 9:00 a.m. to 9:00 p.m.
Location: Grand Country Complex - 1945 West Highway 76 (also known as West Country Music Boulevard)
Level 2 Steakhouse: Steaks, seafood, and lots of locally-sourced ingredients - it’s your best option for upscale dining in Historic Downtown Branson!
3 Things We Love About Level 2 Steakhouse
1. Location, location, location! What’s true for real estate can also be true for a great place to eat...the beautifully appointed and upscale Level 2 enjoys an excellent spot in the Hilton Hotel at the gorgeous Branson Convention Center in Historic Downtown Branson.
2. Isn’t it obvious...steak! Not that steak is hard to find in Branson, but we’re talking top-of-the-line juicy, thick, tender cuts of meat - 28-day aged, corn-fed, Midwest beef - that hardly needs your steak knife - the one they’ll engrave with your name if you become a restaurant regular and join the Kut Klub.
3. More than meat! If you’re not feeling like steak for dinner, no worries here! They’ve got other delicious entrees, and meal-worthy salads and appetizers that won’t disappoint - the Pan Seared Ahi Tuna served on a Himalayan Pink Salt Block comes highly recommended.
Schedule this week: Breakfast: 6:30 to 11:00 a.m. - Lunch: 11:00 a.m. to 2:30 p.m. - Dinner: 5:00 to 10:00 p.m.
Location: Branson Convention Center in the Hilton Hotel - 200 East Main Street - Historic Downtown Branson
Ozarks Legacy & Legend: An interesting and authentic look at the people of the Ozarks, long before Branson became famous for being America’s favorite destination for live entertainment.
3 Reasons Why We Love Ozarks Legacy & Legend
1. It’s on IMAX! A huge screen displaying a film especially made to fill it up, accompanied by state-of-the-art sound, dazzling visuals, and seats as comfortable as your favorite old recliner - what’s not to love?
2. Enjoyable learning! Learn about the area’s early history wrapped up in a fascinating story, and the film runs just under an hour, perfect for youngsters who tend to get fidgety if they’re sitting too long!
3. More than IMAX! The IMAX Entertainment Complex offers more than big-screen films; there’s a multi-screen theater for feature films, several retails shops, live music shows at the Little Opry Theatre, and homestyle dining at McFarlain’s Restaurant.
Schedule this week: Monday, May 7 - Tuesday, May 8 - Thursday, May 10 - Friday, May 11: all showings at 9:30 a.m. and Wednesday, May 9 at 10:00 a.m.
Location: The IMAX Entertainment Complex is located at 3562 Shepherd of the Hills Expressway
St. James Winery & Restaurant: The newest offering on Branson’s growing list of winery offerings - award-winning wines, a memorable dining experience, a fun courtyard - all in one beautiful location.
3 Reasons Why We Love St. James Winery & Restaurant
1. The pizza! There’s a great menu to peruse in the restaurant, but the brick-oven, artisan pizza is a special treat you just gotta try! The menu also includes a nice collection of chef-inspired entrees, sandwiches, salads, and appetizers.
2. The wine selection! If you haven’t had delicious St.James wines before, the tastings are a great way to discover your favorites, and a well-stocked shop ensures you can take home a bottle or two, or better yet, a case or two! The gift shop also features a variety of nice wine-related gift items and quality souvenirs.
3. The courtyard! Located in the lovely backyard of the winery, you’ll find bocce ball courts, pretty landscaping with a water feature, patio-style dining, and even live music on select evenings!
Schedule this week: Monday, May 7 through Wednesday, May 9 - 11:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m. and Thursday, May 10 through Saturday, May 12 - 11:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m.
Location: 405 State Highway 165 - less than a block off Branson’s famous Highway 76 - The Strip.
Welk’s Stage Door Restaurant: Really good food in a spacious setting, and located at one of Branson’s most popular properties, the Welk Resort!
3 Reasons Why We Love the Stage Door Restaurant
1. Why, the food, of course! With starters like Smoked Wings and Loaded Fries, hefty salads, sandwiches that include a Troubadour Burger, and flavorful entrees like Cajun Brown Sugar Salmon, it’s a most satisfying dining experience...feelin’ hungry now?
2. A great all-in-one location! This gorgeous Welk property also boasts a nice hotel, a fun indoor waterpark, a variety of condo units, a gift shop, and a spacious theater that features big-name concert appearances.
3. Yes, it’s that Welk! The Welk name brings to mind quality, familiarity, and family - the Lawrence Welk Show was a big part of many family households for more than 25 years - it introduced us to music legends, including show regulars, The Lennon Sisters. Today Welk delivers a premium resort experience, including lodging, live music, and dining that’s memorable enough to keep you returning time and again!
Schedule this week: Seven days a week - 7:30 a.m. to 9:00 p.m.
Location: The Welk Resort is located at 1984 State Highway 165.
Give us a call for more information on everything we’re lovin’ in Branson this week - you’ll find a helpful vacation planning specialist at 877-688-3179. We’ll also help you with tickets to just about anything in Branson, and package your tickets with lodging for significant savings. Don’t forget to check back with us in a week to see what we’ll be lovin’ next!