Silver Dollar City is Branson, Missouri’s centerpiece attraction...a stunningly beautiful, multi-award-winning theme park! This year, the park blows up big time with the introduction of the $26 million Time Traveler, the ride that launches Silver Dollar City into the roller coaster stratosphere! This mind-blowing ride breaks records for complete-circuit spinning coasters... it reaches unprecedented speeds of up to 50.3 mph, makes a 90 degree vertical drop, and is the first and only such ride with three inversions, a vertical loop, and a double launch! Time Traveler was specially designed for the existing Ozarks’ mountainous terrain, and it sports a fun steampunk theme that recalls the late 19th century era and ahead-of-their-time inventors and authors.
Repeatedly recognized for excellence on an international scale, Silver Dollar City embraces an 1880s-style ambiance, and features more than 40 thrilling rides and attractions, ongoing live shows and special performance concerts, 100 resident demonstrating craftsmen sharing America’s heritage crafts, a wide variety of award-winning foods, and 60 shops carrying everything from jewelry to toys. It’s got the thrills of an amusement park while boasting gorgeous topography that perfectly blends careful landscaping with nature’s own beauty. It’s one of those rare theme parks where you can enjoy rides and music shows non-stop, or simply stroll from shop to shop, from one yummy treat to the next, stopping along your way to enjoy the fascinating craftsmen demonstrating their special talents and unique art forms. And the charming yesteryear theme is carried throughout the park; employees all dress in period attire, and special touches are everywhere, creating the sense of stepping back to a simpler time...a time free of all those electronic devices that rule our lives, and filled with amazing sights, tastes, and sounds that’ll have you stashing the cell phone and immersing yourself in this magically memorable moment in time!
Silver Dollar City artfully structures its entire year into several amazing festivals and special events, with many bringing out new foods to try and interesting gift items to purchase! They host the Festival of Wonder, Spring Ride Days, the Bluegrass & BBQ Festival, a Star-Spangled Summer, a Summer Concert Series, Moonlight Madness, a Southern Gospel Picnic, Country Music Weekend, the National Crafts & Cowboy Festival, and An Old Time Christmas.
For die-hard rowdy riding fanatics, Silver Dollar City doesn’t disappoint! The big excitement of the new Time Traveler isn’t the only thing to look forward to, there’s a nice collection of coasters and other thrill rides to keep your adrenaline going all day long! From the park fan favorite roller coaster known as Thunderation, to the mind-blowing, upside down, inside out, and all around radical blast of a roller-coaster ride known as Outlaw Run, the action knows no end for even the most jaded thrill junkie! Other fabulous kicks are provided by Powderkeg, the coaster than goes from 0 to 53mph in 2.8 seconds, and WildFire, the high-flying, multi-looping, cobra-rolling coaster that travels at speeds up to 66 mph! And, of course, there’s even more...but not everyone wants amped up excitement, so Silver Dollar City also has kinder and gentler attractions for the young and the young-at-heart, including the Frisco Sing-Along Steam Train, the Royal Tea Party ride, and many more.
There are several different areas of Silver Dollar City...something to please every member of the family, including Fireman’s Landing, McHaffie's Homestead, Half Dollar Holler, and the list goes on. There are resident live shows and special concert performances that take place throughout the park, from the Red Gold Heritage Hall to the Boatworks Theater and beyond, there’s always music in Silver Dollar City! Fantastic food can be found everywhere...from Aunt Mollie’s to the Lucky Silver Mine to lots of little spots here and there throughout the park, there’s certainly no shortage of marvelous meals to tasty treats! And then there’s the foundation of the legendary theme park, its incomparable craftsmen! You can see true artists of their craft demonstrating everything from glass-blowing and wood-carving to pottery-making and culinary arts. And, of course, we can’t forget how it all began...with a cave. Back in 1950, the Herschend Family purchased Marvel Cave and took people on tours of the cave - it was the entire attraction until they decided to put up a few buildings near its entrance, creating an old-style town to entertain people while they waited their turn to tour the beautiful cave. Soon, people loved what was going on above ground as much as they did what was going on below, and the old-style town grew into the 1880s-style theme park known as Silver Dollar City that we all know and love today! (You'll find lots of helpful information here: Silver Dollar City Resource Guide)
Helpful Hints/Additional Information
- Silver Dollar City can be found just outside the city limits of Branson on Indian Point at 399 Indian Point Road. Head out West Highway 76 from Branson and you can’t miss the entrance to the park; you’ll encounter signage along the way.
- The park is generally open from mid-March through December 30. Depending on the season and/or festival, opening times can range from 9:00AM to 4:00PM, and closing times can range from 6:00PM to 12 midnight.
- There are multiple free parking areas for theme park guests, including convenient parking for those with disabilities, as well as fee-based VIP parking.
- Depending on how much you see and do, you can expect to spend anywhere from four to six hours at the park.
- Children 15 years-of-age and younger must be accompanied by an adult when visiting Silver Dollar City.
- The park is accessible to those with disabilities, but be prepared for hilly areas. Standard wheelchairs and electric conveyance vehicles are available for rental to Silver Dollar City guests. There are also strollers available for rent. Only service animals accompanying guests with disabilities are allowed on park.
- Both still and video photography is permitted in the park, please make note of any restrictions during special performances and/or in certain venues.
- There is a wide variety of retail shops and dining facilities within the park.
- If you experience 90 minutes of continuous rain or weather interruption that restricts rides, attractions, and your overall enjoyment of Silver Dollar City, please stop by Guest Relations before you leave the park to receive a complimentary return ticket valid for any operating day in the same year.
- Guests can apply their one-day ticket price towards the purchase of a season pass.
- There are rental lockers located in the park for securing valuables.
- Package pickup - shopkeepers will arrange for your packages to be sent to the front of the park so you won’t have to carry them around with you. On your way out of the park, you can pick up your packages at the Ozark Marketplace located at the exit. The Marketplace is filled with gifts and goodies for ideal last-minute souvenirs!
Fodor’s Travel proclaims it “One of America’s Top 10 Parks”...people become lifelong fans after just one visit...it’s filled with rides, music, craftsmen, food, shopping, and so much more, all wrapped up in fantastic festivals, sensational special events, and one breathtakingly beautiful theme park! It’s the most magical place in all of Missouri, and it’s right here in Branson...the one, the only, the sensational Silver Dollar City!