Branson Landing’s Parakeet Pete’s Waterfront Zipline & Steampunk Balloon make for a wild double-whammy of airborne fun! Parakeet Pete’s zipline is just one of a couple in the Branson area that doesn’t require any complicated rigging or long list of safety instructions - you pretty much just plop your bottom down, get secured with a simple - but very safe - lap harness and away you go, soaring over - about 150 feet above - beautiful Lake Taneycomo to your landing point on Mount Branson! And then there’s the ultimate way to get “high” in Branson, Missouri -- high up, that is, in Parakeet Pete’s Steampunk Balloon! It’s hard to miss this big, bright balloon, especially at night...if you’re still about a mile out, approaching from the north along Branson Landing Parkway, you can easily spot the big ball - it’s “docked” at the Belk Department Store end of the Landing -- you might even mistake it for a huge full moon. Sporting a popular steampunk theme, the balloon remains in a controlled structure so you won’t be taking off across the sky - it slides up nearly 200 feet, giving guests a stunning view of the Ozarks -- you can even see the natural beauty of Arkansas to the south. You can also look down through the floor of the balloon and enjoy the sight of everyone down below staring at you with envy!
Both Parakeet Pete’s Waterfront Zipline and Parakeet Pete’s Steampunk Balloon offer a nice gift shop stuffed full of neat attraction-related items and Branson souvenirs, as well as drinks and snacks. And both attractions are staffed with friendly, experienced guides who’re ready to answer all your questions, and maybe offer a little help convincing your acrophobic friends to join you! As far as heights go, both are high enough to satisfy thrill junkies, but they’re also not the kind of extreme fear-inducing high that would make most of us reconsider our decision to take the plunge...so to speak. The Waterfront Zipline not only offers an exciting trip up, and a thrilling zip back down, there’s a great spot on Mount Branson - The Sky Deck - that can be reserved in advance for group gatherings, parties, and other fun and relaxing get-togethers.
Additional Information/Helpful Hints:
- You can purchase a Combo Ticket for Parakeet Pete’s Waterfront Zipline and Parakeet Pete’s Steampunk Balloon, or a single ticket for one or the other.
- Your Combo Ticket allows for unlimited rides on the Zipline and Balloon until one hour prior to closing.
- Both attractions are located at Branson Landing - along Lake Taneycomo and just downhill from Historic Downtown Branson.
- The street address is: 1113 Branson Landing Boulevard.
- Both attractions operate from March 1 through December 31, and are open at 10:00AM - they close “when the fun is done!”
- For Parakeet Pete’s Waterfront Zipline, guests must be 42” tall to ride, and 47” or taller to ride alone. Each Zipline chair has a capacity of 450lbs.
- For Parakeet Pete’s Steampunk Balloon, there is no height requirement, and all guests under 42” tall can ride free of charge! The balloon can accommodate up to 11 guests.
- There is a gift shop on-site at both Parakeet Pete’s Waterfront Zipline and Parakeet Pete’s Steampunk Balloon.
- Restrooms can be found at various locations throughout the Branson Landing complex.
Discover just how thrilling taking in the scenery in Branson can be - climb aboard and zip up and over Lake Taneycomo, and lift up high over Branson Landing - you’ll enjoy both experiences with the Parakeet Pete’s Waterfront Zipline & Steampunk Balloon Combo pass - get yours now! If you’ve only got time for one or the other, that’s cool, too - you can purchase a single ticket for the Steampunk Balloon or Parakeet Pete’s Waterfront Zipline and save a trip on the other for your next visit to Branson!