Branson’s Promised Land Zoo ‘promises’ to be the highlight of your next visit to Branson! Well, it might be hard to beat all the incredible live shows in Branson, but the area’s only authentic zoo is certainly a ‘can’t miss’ attraction for everyone who loves nature’s most precious creatures! Family-owned and boasting features that traditional zoos don’t have, at the Promised Land Zoo, you’ll find a Foot Safari, Live Animal Shows, Bottle Feedings, and a Parakeet Paradise, among other special features. Branson’s Promised Land Zoo features several exhibits of animals from around the world, many of which guests are allowed to feed! It’s not a huge zoo, but it’s nine-acre facility is ideal for spending a couple of hours of unmatched entertainment! The Zoo's reputation has quickly grown; it’s received TripAdvisor’s Certificate of Excellence and their Traveler’s Choice Award, and has been accredited by the Feline Conservation Federation, a distinguished acknowledgement that means the Zoo meets high standards of animal care, husbandry, and protection of the animals and the public. Such esteemed recognition for such a young zoo is pretty amazing, and makes it that much easier to add it to your next Branson itinerary!
The staff of Branson’s Promised Land Zoo consists of Wildlife Biologists, Conservationists, Master Naturalists, and Animal Science professionals who all aid the Zoo in providing healthy living spaces, nutritious diets, and proper medical care and monitoring. This impressive level of staffing is important for the Zoo as many of their animals have been rescued from a far less supportive environment. The Zoo will ensure these most vulnerable of God’s creatures will have a happy and healthy home forever! Unlike your traditional big-city zoos, Promised Land hosts Live Animal Shows that let guests get up-close-and-personal with animals that aren’t on display. Their experienced staff of animal professionals bring out several animals and help guests interact with them safely, something that’s enjoyed by guests and animals alike! These fantastic Live Animal Shows are typically held daily at 11:00AM, 1:00PM, 3:00PM, and 5:00PM.
Each day between 12:00 noon and 4:00PM, the zoo’s staff feeds the baby animals - would you like to help? Well you can at Branson’s Promised Land Zoo! No other zoo is going to let you feed baby goats, deer, zebras, and even camels! Do you love beautiful birds? Who doesn’t! Parakeet Paradise allows Zoo guests to feed the hundreds of free-flying feathered friends with a complimentary parakeet stick! Additional sticks are available for purchase. You’ll never feel more popular than you do in Parakeet Paradise holding a seed stick!
Helpful Hints/Additional Information
- Branson’s Promised Land Zoo is located at 2751 Shepherd of the Hills Expressway.
- The Zoo is open every day from 9:00AM to 6:00PM, with the last admission at 5:00PM. To fully enjoy the Zoo, allow at least two hours for your visit.
- You may want to bring a stroller for younger children - be aware that paths are lined with wood chips so navigation takes special care in some areas of the Zoo.
- Live Animal Shows take place at 11:00AM, 1:00PM, and 3:00PM; there is a 5:00PM show on Saturday and Sunday only.
- Because Parakeet Paradise is a free-flight area, strollers are not permitted inside this area of the Zoo.
- Still and video photography is permitted at the Zoo.
- There is a gift shop with a nice selection of animal-related and other merchandise.
- Branson’s Promised Land Zoo is family-friendly and ideal for all ages.
Your VIP Admission into Branson's Promised Land Zoo includes the following:
- Live Animal Show - Learn about five (5) or six (6) animals that will be brought out onto the stage - you’ll also be allowed to feed and/or pet the animals.
- Parakeet Paradise - You’ll meet hundreds of beautiful birds in a free-flight aviary, and get a complimentary feed stick to help you make new feathered friends!
- Two-Mile Drive Thru - Drive through and enjoy the hundreds of animals that call the Zoo home, all from the comfort of your own vehicle.
- Foot Safari - Experience hundreds of animals from all over the world as they’re out and about in natural habitats that suit their special needs.
- VIP Guided Tram Tour - A professionally guided tram tour will take you through the interior of the park, where you’ll be invited to feed emus, deer, antelope, bison, camels, and more new creatures to befriend!
- VIP Small Animal Encounter - Meet three small animals not on general display; you can hold and pet them, and even feed critters like Kangaroo Joeys, small cats, as well as other adorable mammals and fascinating reptiles!
Everyone loves animals, but not everyone gets the chance to safely interact with animals outside their own pet dog or cat. In Branson, you can see exotic animals up-close, feed many of them, and even pet and hold others. Discover the the most personal zoo experience you can have, right here in your favorite destination for everything entertainment...right here is where you’ll find Branson’s Promised Land Zoo!