The Miracle of Christmas is Sight & Sound’s beautiful gift to Branson! There’s no destination that embraces the true meaning of Christmas quite like Branson -- from store clerks to show ushers, Branson loves to wish everyone a very Merry Christmas! The Miracle of Christmas goes back to a time of hope -- a time when the Hebrew people began to question whether their promised Messiah would ever come. Then, miraculously, as Roman rule was crushing their spirit, a young woman named Mary learned she would bear the son of God. His birth proclaimed by angels in heaven...homage is paid him by everyone from regal kings to humble shepherds, but can he really be the Messiah -- the Savior -- can it possibly be true? Bear witness as the real story unfolds, told through high drama, awe-inspiring special effects, gorgeous costuming and stage sets, live animals, and phenomenal performances -- biblical history comes to life before your very eyes!
Helpful Hints/Additional Information
- The Miracle of Christmas is a Sight & Sound Theatres production, and can be seen at their Branson theatre, located at 1001 Shepherd of the Hills Expressway.
- The show can be seen November 4 through December 30 from Tuesday through Saturday. There are 3:30PM and 7:30PM performances; some dates have both. Check the calendar in advance of your visit.
- The theatre has a concession area and gift shop - arrive early to enjoy the beautiful entrance and gorgeous lobby with its painted ceiling.
- Behind the scenes tours are available - they begin promptly at 1:00PM, but you must arrive by 12:30PM for the one-hour tour. You’ll be able to stand on the 20,000 square-foot stage, and visit the state-of-the-art scene shop, as well as the nerve centers that keep the lights, sound, stage, and animals on cue.
- Sight & Sound Theatres, based in Lancaster County, Pennsylvania, is the largest faith-based theater operation in the country.
It’s the story that reminds us of the real reason for this holiest of seasons -- the story that both enlightens and humbles us -- the story that’s best told in a place that celebrates the true meaning of that very special day in December...it’s the Miracle of Christmas in Branson!