Matt Gumm & Company grab the Branson spotlight! One of the area’s favorite funny guys has nabbed a one-night-only gig this September, and he’s sharing the stage with family and friends. If you’ve ever wondered how Matt became such a great singer and gifted comedian, here’s your opportunity to meet the other nuts on the Gumm family tree! The patriarch and matriarch of the clan, Thom and Sandy, along with sibling sis, Jamie, will be joining the phenomenally funny Matt, proving that every once in a while, multiple talents are blissfully bestowed upon one happy household! Joining the award-winning entertainer and the rest of the Gumm gang will be Matt’s bestest bud, Travis Spratt, an amazing vocalist who more than holds his own on stage with a very accomplished quartet, one known for their unforgettable performances in Branson’s Pierce Arrow Gold and Pierce Arrow Decades.
In addition to scoring some impressive accolades from Branson-area awards shows for his work in Clay Cooper’s Country Express, Matt Gumm has kept busy entertaining crowds around the country, including keeping folks in stitches at festivals, aboard cruise ships, and at private events. Certainly one of his most memorable moments had to be when he landed the type of gig that’s the opportunity of a lifetime for any comedian...he performed on the epic television show, “The Late Show with David Letterman!” If you haven’t been fortunate enough to catch Matt perform, you’ll be dazzled by his singing, and laugh yourself sick by everything from his impersonations - these can include Steve Martin, Jeff Foxworthy, George W. Bush, and the host who introduced him to a television audience, David Letterman - to his creative use of musical props, including PVC pipe and a tire pump, and we’re not kidding! In addition to his comic and vocal talents, Gumm is a gifted musician who’s known to play acoustic guitar, drums, harmonica, and the more rarely-seen hammered dulcimer, a percussion-stringed instrument that’s also played by enigmatic Irish singer, Enya, the brilliantly-hued act, Blue Man Group, and Aerosmith frontman, Steven Tyler.
- Matt Gumm & Company will be performing at the Clay Cooper Theatre, where you can also catch Gumm performing in Clay Cooper’s Country Express throughout much of the year.
- The theatre is located at 3216 West Highway 76 a.k.a. The Strip.
- Matt Gumm & Company is scheduled for Monday, September 2, 2019, at 7:30 p.m. It’s a one-night-only performance, so don’t procrastinate about reserving your seats!
- The Clay Cooper Theatre is located near the corner of Highways 76 and 65 - just across the street from the Titanic Museum Attraction.
- You’ll find concession services and a gift shop in the lobby area of the theatre, and experience mostly level parking front and back of the theatre, although front spaces are limited and some are reserved-parking-only.
- Matt Gumm & Company will be a family-friendly performance that’s suitable for guests of all ages.
Who doesn’t enjoy a whole bucketful of belly laughs? Who doesn’t love good music? Only someone with a missing funny bone who wears heavy earmuffs, that’s who! For everyone else, don’t miss out on this one-performance-only opportunity for both the biggest laughs and the best kind of music, courtesy of Matt Gumm & Company!