Amy Grant is headed to Branson! For one special afternoon - Sunday, March 8 at 3:00 p.m. - Amy will be here with her full band, sharing both her Christian and pop music hits. It would take considerable space if we were to list all her Top Ten hits from multiple music charts, focusing just on her chart-toppers is impressive enough - the song that vaulted her to superstardom, “Baby Baby,” earned her a #1 spot on the pop music charts. Other pop hits from Grant include “That’s What Love is For,” “Every Heartbeat,” “House of Love” with her husband, country icon Vince Gill, and “The Next Time I Fall,” a blockbuster she recorded with Peter Cetera that earned them the top spot on at least four music charts. Amy saw at least a dozen of her songs hit the #1 spot on the Christian charts, including “Angels,” “Saved By Love,” “Children of the World,” and “Lover of My Soul,” and more than a dozen of her albums topped those charts.
In addition to her amazing chart success, Amy Grant’s music has grabbed the attention of the music awards industry; she boasts six Grammy Awards and a dozen more nominations, and nearly two dozen Gospel Music Association Dove Awards! Other acknowledgements and accolades on her extensive resume include the ASCAP Voice of America Award, a place in the Gospel Music Association and Christian Music Halls of Fame, and a treasured star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame. If they’re all displayed somewhere, it’s hard to imagine the size of the room in their house that holds all the awards and other symbols of recognition accumulated by Grant and her incredibly talented spouse, Vince Gill.
- Amy Grant will be appearing at Dick Clark’s American Bandstand Theater.
- The theater is located at 1600 West Highway 76, a.k.a. The Strip. The Bandstand complex can be found where Highway 76 intersects with Fall Creek Drive - Fritz’s Adventure and Dolly Parton’s Stampede are just across the street.
- The one-performance-only appearance of Amy Grant will be at 3:00 p.m. on Sunday, March 8, 2020.
- There is a concession area in the lobby of the theater, one that offers more than the usual popcorn and soda - you’ll find sandwiches, fresh-baked cookies, and more. There’s also a gift shop carrying a nice variety of theater related merchandise, as well as Legends in Concert items.
- Adult beverages are available in the mezzanine area above the lobby.
- Also housed in the Dick Clark American Bandstand Theater complex is a Hurts Donut and the Celebrity Car Museum.
- Parking is plentiful, but much of it is sloped - guests who’d rather not walk can be dropped off at the theater entrance, which is at the back of the building.
- Amy Grant’s concert appearance will be family-friendly and suitable for guests of all ages.
A long list of pop and gospel hits, an enormous collection of awards and other accolades, and a voice that’s been delighting us for more than four decades - we’re talking about the beautifully ageless and fabulously gifted singer, Amy Grant, and she’s headed to Branson!