Grand Funk Railroad is bringing their rockin’, rollin’, foot stompin’ music to Branson! The hugely popular band cemented their status as future rock legends during the 1970’s, turning out catchy tunes like the their #1 hit, “We’re An American Band,” the timeless gem that’s become practically synonymous with the definition of rock ‘n' roll. The band started out as a trio in 1969 in Flint, Michigan, comprised of members from already successful bands - Terry Knight & The Pack and Question Mark & The Mysterians. The band’s unforgettable name came when Knight took over as their manager; he used a clever play on words based on Michigan’s rail-line, Grand Trunk Western Railroad. Grand Funk’s music had an immediate and lasting impact on rock ‘n roll; so much so, that radio still loves to play the song, "I’m Your Captain (Closer to Home,)" in its entirety - it clocks in at a whopping ten minutes in length. And, although many acts successfully released their own versions of the song, including the original by Little Eva, Grand Funk took “Loco-Motion” and gave the pop hit new life with a more rock flavor. Few bands can turn out music that gets the respect of real rock fans, yet have the right beat to fill a dance floor -- Grand Funk Railroad excels at it. Their other hits include “Some Kind of Wonderful,” “Foot Stompin’ Music,” “Walk Like a Man,” “Shinin’ On,” and “Rock ‘n’ Roll Soul.” Grand Funk will be playing all these great tunes plus some, and best of all for Branson, this popular tour includes two of the three original members of the power trio - Don Brewer and Mel Schacher.
Helpful Hints/Additional Information
- Grand Funk Railroad will be appearing in Branson on Saturday, August 12, 2017, at 8:00 p.m.
- They will be performing at The Mansion Entertainment Center.
- The Mansion is located at 189 Expressway Lane.
- There is a concession area, gift shop, and sitting area in the spacious lobby of the theatre.
- Accessible seating for the disabled is available in the theatre, and a convenient circle drive that makes it easy to drop guests at the door.
- The Grand Funk Railroad concert will be family-friendly, and likely will be most enjoyed by children at least 10 years-of-age or older.
- PLEASE NOTE: Tickets for this special limited-engagement performance are non-refundable.
Branson opportunities to see real, honest-to-goodness, legendary rock bands come few and far between -- don’t let this one pass you by! Get your caboose in gear and get ready to ride the rails of real rock ‘n’ roll, courtesy of the legendary Grand Funk Railroad! That’s right folks, it’s the real Grand Funk Railroad, and it’s gonna to be epic!