The Sons of Britches show, evidence that even an SOB can be a happy thing in Branson! You’re really gonna love these guys! Who wouldn’t adore a couple of dashing fellas all dressed up with someplace to go; that someplace being the Branson stage, and ‘all dressed up’ meaning their very best overalls over some fancy tuxedo shirts with the requisite black bow tie - it’s a real vision, ain’t it? These guys are a hoot! They play an eclectic combination of music genres that includes Cajun, rhythm & blues, rock ‘n’ roll, country, bluegrass, and zydeco...you’re gonna hear everything but classical and the kitchen sink!
These two good buddies, Earl (Melvin) Vaughan “don’t know anything & don’t suspect anything” and Louis (Squirrel Dog) Darby “gee, it’s dark in here! It gets late early,” are seriously good musicians, they just like to take a few liberties with some of your favorite songs!
Helpful Hints/Additional Information
- The Sons of Britches perform in the Little Opry Theatre in the IMAX Entertainment Complex.
- The IMAX Complex is located at 3562 Shepherd of the Hills Expressway.
- You can see the Sons of Britches February through December (except July,) at 2:00 p.m. on Friday and Saturday (Saturday only in February,) 5:00 p.m. on most Wednesdays, 7:00 p.m. on most Thursdays and Fridays, and at 8:00 p.m. on most Sundays and Mondays.
- There is a concession area, several retail shops, and a full-service restaurant in the Complex.
- The Little Opry Theatre has special seating available for the disabled.
- Non-flash, still photography is permitted during the show.
- Overalls with tuxedo shirts and bow ties are not required attire for guests attending the show...bet that makes you happy!
Branson’s chockful of tribute shows; Melvin and Squirrel Dog think you’ll love this sincere tribute to themselves! For a barrel of laughs and some seriously excellent music, invite a little SOB into your life - Sons of Britches, that is, and they’re only in Branson...come on in and sit a spell!