A Sanders Family Christmas may just be Branson’s most heartwarming and hilarious production! The Sanders Family, along with their church pastor, the Reverend Mervin Oglethorpe, find themselves charged with lifting the spirits of their faithful Mount Pleasant Baptist Church congregation following the bombing of Pearl Harbor in 1941. It’s a challenge perfectly suited for the family’s matriarch, Vera, who loves to quote scripture, and her husband Bert, along with their oldest daughter June, their rowdy twins, Dennis and Denise, and unpredictable Uncle Stanley. Their mission is made all the more challenging by the departure of their son as he prepares to go off to war to serve his country. This sweet, touching, and funny story hits all the right notes for the holidays - you’ll laugh at their hilarious antics, shed a tear or two as they struggle with seeing their son leave, and even sing along with the uplifting gospel songs of Christmas.
Helpful Hints/Additional Information
- A Sanders Family Christmas performs in the Little Opry Theater at the IMAX Entertainment Complex
- The IMAX Entertainment Complex is located at 3562 Shepherd of the Hills Expressway.
- The show schedule is Tuesday through Sunday at 8:00PM.
- There is a concession area, restaurant, and several retail shops in the Complex.
- A Sanders Family Christmas is family-friendly and suitable for all ages.
Few theatrical productions or live music shows - this is really both - deliver amazing music, touching scenes, and downright knee-slapping comedy, in quite the same way as the cast and crew of A Sanders Family Christmas. When it’s time to laugh out loud, time to be deeply moved, and time to sing along, it’s surely time to be in Branson when Smoke on the Mountain celebrates A Sanders Family Christmas!