Branson’s Conway Remembered features an incredible performance by Mike Walker, whose uncanny tribute makes this show truly memorable! The late Conway Twitty, a Grammy award-winning singer and songwriter, thrilled country and pop music fans alike with his dozens of chart-topping hits, like “Hello, Darlin’,” “Tight Fittin’ Jeans,” “After All the Good is Gone,” “I Can’t See Me Without You,” and “After the Fire is Gone.” His first huge hit landed in the top spot on the pop charts in 1958; “It’s Only Make Believe” had music fans everywhere thinking it was Elvis Presley singing the popular song! Twitty’s last concert performance found him in Branson; sadly, he passed away during that fateful visit, creating a very special bond between the country music superstar and America’s biggest live show destination.
In addition to Conway Twitty’s Grammy Awards, he was blessed with numerous other industry accolades, including awards from the Academy of Country Music and the Country Music Association, both as a single artist, and in duets with the queen of country, Loretta Lynn. With such an astonishing history of hit music, this iconic artist isn’t an easy one to portray, but Mike Walker's Conway Remembered appears to channel the spirit of Conway Twitty in all his musical glory.
Helpful Hints/Additional Information
- You can see Conway Remembered at Hamners' Variety Theatre.
- The theatre is located at 3090 Shepherd of the Hills Expressway.
- The show can be seen at 2 PM on Mondays, Wednesdays, and Fridays from March through December.
- Conway Remembered is family-friendly and appropriate for all ages - children 12 and under are free.
- Hamners' Variety Theatre has special seating for the disabled.
- There is a concession area and gift shop in the lobby of theatre.
- Conway Remembered permits both still and video photography during the show.
Branson is home to a long list of phenomenal tribute shows, but some simply rise above, including the wonderful tribute paid to a country legend - Mr. Conway Twitty. Don’t wait for your bucket list to see this show; make sure your next Branson itinerary includes the sensational Conway Remembered!