Branson's Doug Gabriel is that rare artist who can belt out a song and you’ll swear he’s Roy Orbison come back to life...or maybe Michael Bolton in the flesh...or could it be the King himself, Elvis Presley? You get the idea, this guy can SING! Not that he needs any help commanding the stage, but the family joins him, and they’re simply delightful; Jasmine and Mary both sing and dance, Josh leads on the drums, Jordan is also a drummer who provides much of the comic relief during the show, and Doug's lovely wife, Cheryl, is a singer who handles the role of master of ceremonies for every performance. It’s obvious that genuine, God-given talent runs in this family. Not many shows can expertly deliver music from so many genres, but the Gabriels certainly can...pop, rock, country, gospel, your 50s favorites, and songs that touch the patriotism that resides in the soul of every American.
Hear Doug cover the songs made famous by the likes of the Righteous Brothers, Tom Jones, the Bee Gees, Taylor Swift, Marty Robbins, Shania Twain, Sugarland, and even more popular artists of yesterday and today. His talent hasn’t gone unnoticed by big-name singers; he’s toured with, or opened for, music giants like Marie Osmond, Roy Clark, Tony Orlando, Bobby Vinton, Mel Tillis, and Ronnie McDowell. In addition to his dynamic voice, Doug is also masterful on the guitar, and he plays an instrument he designed and built himself - the Mufftar. He crafted the unusual stringed instrument from the muffler of a 1969 Ford Thunderbird!
Helpful Hints/Additional Information
- Doug Gabriel performs at the Branson Famous Theatre.
- The theater is located at 645 State Highway 165.
- Doug's show runs from March through December, with 10:00 a.m. performances on most Wednesdays, Thursdays, and Fridays, 2:00 p.m. performances on March 26 and December 28, 29, and 30, and 8:00 p.m. performances on most Sundays.
- Hang out a little after the show and you just might get an autograph from Doug and the family.
- There is a gift shop and concessions in the lobby area of the theater.
- Doug Gabriel's whole family joins him for the show, making it extra family-friendly and suitable for guests of every age!
- You can also see Branson's Famous Baldknobbers, Branson's Famous Baldknobbers Gospel Show, and Reza - Edge of Illusion at the Branson Famous Theatre.
If hearing music that gets your toes tappin’, or your hands clappin’, or maybe pulls at your heart strings, is the type of live entertainment that hits all the right notes for you, then The Doug Gabriel Show has a ticket with your name on it!
A Gabriel Family Christmas
When the holiday season rolls around in Branson, A Gabriel Family Christmas takes the stage! The family that lights up the theater throughout the year, brings you a Christmas celebration that’s simply irresistible! Doug shares the spotlight with his lovely wife, Cheryl, and a talented family that sings, dances, plays the drums, and lightens things up with a healthy dose of humor. For Christmas, they pull out all the stops to show us that, even while working on stage, the holidays are all about family. They treat delighted audiences to a sleighful of holiday music, including touching Christmas classics like “White Christmas” and “O Holy Night,” and festive favorites like “Rockin’ Around the Christmas Tree.” Most of all, A Gabriel Family Christmas reminds us all to remember the true reason for the season. Discover what real family-style holiday entertainment should be, discover A Gabriel Family Christmas in Branson!