Johnny Mathis, master of the romantic song, returns to Branson in 2019! For just two dates in November, you’ll have the opportunity to enjoy timeless hits performed by the man who hasn’t lost a bit of the magic that made the world fall in love with him more than 50 years ago. His silky smooth, and delightfully unique, singing style delivered an impressive catalog of beautiful songs, including “Misty,” “Chances Are,” and “It's Not for Me to Say,” his three hits that have received well-deserved installation in the Grammy Hall of Fame. Few artists can claim what Mathis can, a #1 hit song - “Too Much, Too Little, Too Late” - two decades after his first #1 hit, “Chances Are” -- he has that kind of staying power!
Johnny Mathis has repeatedly received awards, nominations, and other accolades throughout his career, including five Grammy nominations, a Grammy Lifetime Achievement Award, and even a place in the Guinness Book of World Records. He gained that last distinction with his 1958 “Greatest Hits” album. He was not only the first artist to release such an album, setting the stage for all the greatest hits collections to come, his album spent 480 continuous weeks on the Billboard Top Albums Chart -- that’s nearly ten years!
Helpful Hints/Additional Information
- Johnny Mathis will be appearing at The Mansion Entertainment Center.
- The Mansion is located at 189 Expressway Lane.
- Johnny appears on November 22 and 23, 2019 at 8:00PM.
- There is a concession area and gift shop in the theater’s spacious lobby.
- The Mansion has ample parking that’s mostly level; however, guests with disabilities can be dropped at the front entrance via the convenient circular driveway.
- Johnny Mathis’ show is family-friendly and suitable for all ages.
- PLEASE NOTE: Tickets for this special limited-engagement performance are non-refundable.
He has a star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame, he’s performed the nominated songs at the Academy Awards ceremony several times, he sang at Ray Charles’ funeral, he’s been presented with the Ella Award by the Society of Singers, he’s performed for Presidents Bush and Clinton, and he’s been inducted into the Pop Music and Great American Songbook Halls of Fame, among others. He’s the legendary Johnny Mathis, and he’ll sing for you in Branson this November!