A Tribute to Marty Robbins is an incredible Branson showcase for the superbly talented Leroy New! Fans of the late, great Marty Robbins are still loyal and big in numbers, and quite particular about how his iconic music is treated. There’s no disagreement here, Leroy’s magical vocals and phenomenal guitar pickin’ skills are second to none! Marty Robbins was a star when we were still calling the genre ‘country & western’ music; he racked up more than 40 Top Ten hits, with more than 15 landing at #1 on the country charts. And he was multi-talented; he mastered several instruments, appeared in movies, and was a serious Nascar competitor, racing alongside big names like Carl Yarbrough and Richard Petty. It’s take an extremely talented artist to step into the shoes of a bigger-than-life character like Robbins, thankfully for Branson, Leroy New is more than up to the task!
In A Tribute to Marty Robbins, Leroy New performs hits like “El Paso,” “Devil Woman,” “Faleena,” “Don’t Worry,” and “Among My Souvenirs.” He also treats audiences to the music of other country greats that were contemporaries of Marty Robbins, including Bob Wills, Maybelle Carter, and Johnny Cash. And his special tribute to guitar virtuoso, Chet Atkins, and the legendary country crooner, Hank Williams, alone is worth the price of a ticket!
Helpful Hints/Additional Information
- A Tribute to Marty Robbins can be seen at the Little Opry Theatre in the IMAX Entertainment Complex.
- The IMAX Complex is located at 3440 Shepherd of the Hills Expressway.
- The show runs from February through December, Sunday through Thursday at 2:00PM.
- Special seating for the disabled is available in the Little Opry Theatre.
- There are several retail shops, a concession area, and a full-service restaurant in the IMAX Complex.
- A Tribute to Marty Robbins is family-friendly and suitable for all ages.
For a fantastic mix of music that includes traditional country and western, gospel, bluegrass, a taste of Cajun, and the songs you love from one of the biggest stars in the history of country music, make plans now to see the unforgettable Leroy New in A Tribute to Marty Robbins!