Million Dollar Quartet in Branson is an exciting depiction of one of rock music’s best kept secrets! This Tony Award-winning Broadway show relives a spur-of-the-moment jam session at Sun Records studio in Memphis in 1956. A recording session booked by Carl Perkins and his band, along with Jerry Lee Lewis, ends up with both Elvis Presley and Johnny Cash stopping by. Fortunately for rock ‘n’ roll fans everywhere, the tape was rolling, and now we’re all beneficiaries of the incredible music made that day! The Branson production features phenomenal artists in the roles of Carl Perkins, Elvis Presley, Jerry Lee Lewis, Johnny Cash, Dyanne - girlfriend of Elvis at the time, Carl’s brother, Jay, Sun Records’ owner, Sam Phillips, and drummer, Fluke. You’ll enjoy brilliant versions of legendary songs, including “Matchbox,” “I Walk the Line,” “Hound Dog,” “Peace in the Valley,” “Whole Lotta Shakin’ Goin’ On,” “Blue Suede Shoes,” “Great Balls of Fire,” “Riders in the Sky,” and “Who Do You Love.” This wonderful impromptu session would be the only time these four music icons would record together.
Million Dollar Quartet is far more than a tribute show, it’s an unforgettable moment in history that simply can’t be replicated, but it can be honored with a passionate portrayal, and that’s exactly what happens in this captivating Branson production.
Helpful Hints/Additional Information
- Million Dollar Quartet can be seen at the Welk Resort Theatre.
- The theatre is located at 1984 MO Highway 165.
- The show runs from March through December at 8:00PM.
- The theatre has special seating for the disabled, and a circular driveway in front of the lobby for easy passenger drop offs.
- There is a concession area and large gift shop in the Welk Resort Theatre lobby, as well as a full-service restaurant.
- Million Dollar Quartet is family-friendly and suitable for all ages.
Discover what the buzz is all about; make your next trip to Branson even more memorable when you experience the fabulous production of Million Dollar Quartet!