The Platters® will visit Branson! This isn’t any “knock off” group, this is the one-and-only licensed act, sanctioned by original member, Herb Reed, that is touring today and performing those beautiful, iconic songs that refuse to lose their magic! A lot of time, care, and talent searching has gone into keeping the sound alive, and making sure the legacy of a legend lives on. The Platters® were instrumental in the early years of rock ‘n roll, pop, and soul music, performing at a time when segregation still stained our nation’s music venues and airwaves - they were true pioneers in crossing that unconscionable color barrier to introduce the world to some of the most unforgettable songs ever recorded. “The Great Pretender,” “My Prayer,” “Smoke Gets in Your Eyes,” and “Twilight Time” all topped the charts for The Platters®, and they scored Top 20 hits with “You’ll Never Know” and “The Magic Touch,” and hit the Top 40 with “Harbor Lights,” “With this Ring,” “If I Didn’t Care,” and “One in a Million.” If those titles don’t bring back fond memories and get you ready to swoon, then we’re not sure what will!
Additional Information/Helpful Hints
- The Platters® will be appearing at Dick Clark’s American Bandstand Theater, home to Legends in Concert, The Bretts, and an impressive concert lineup.
- The theater is located at 1600 West Highway 76, where The Strip intersects with Fall Creek Road.
- The concert will be held on Wednesday, October 9, 2019 at 7:00 p.m.
- The theater has a nice concession area that serves an expanded menu of food items - beyond popcorn and candy - and there’s alcohol service available in the mezzanine area of the lobby. There’s also a sizable gift shop with a wide selection of Legends and other merchandise.
- Dick Clark’s American Bandstand Theater also houses the Celebrity Car Museum and Hurts Donut.
- Some of the parking is sloped or hilly, but guests can be dropped at the entrance prior to parking. There is usually a shuttle available to access the outer lot.
- The Platters® will be a family-friendly concert that suitable for guests of all ages.
Some of the greatest, most memorable songs ever made, courtesy of the only genuine act touring today under the name that helped mold the history of music as we know it - the incomparable, sensational group that you simply must experience while you can...it’s The Platters® in Branson!