#1 Hits of the 60’s (& 50’s, Too!) invites Branson guests on a joyous journey back to the decades filled with happiness, hip threads, peace, love, and unforgettable fab fun! Although the 50s and 60s seemed worlds apart in fashion and other fads, each of these decades gave birth to rock ‘n’ roll music that’s held up well over the passing decades. Grandparents, parents, and the kids can all easily sing along to songs from Elvis Presley, The Four Seasons, The Monkees, and The Supremes. This talented troupe of high-energy singers, dancers, and musicians will touch on more than 100 songs in a total of 100 costumes, accentuated by special segments like a heartfelt tribute to our nation’s veterans. Other great artists covered by the cast of #1 Hits of the 60’s (& 50’s, Too!), include The Beatles, The Beach Boys, Paul Anka, Petula Clark, Buddy Holly, Mamas & The Papas, The Association, Lesley Gore, Dion, The Coasters, Roy Orbison, and Stevie Wonder. In addition to the wonderful music and the outrageously fun costumes, wigs, and props, #1 Hits of the 60’s (& 50’s, Too!) transforms an audience member into a hippie in their “These Boots Are Made for Walking” segment, and gets their audience movin’ and groovin’ along with their high school dance.
The cast of #1 Hits of the 60’s (& 50’s, Too!) is impressive...Matt Muhoberac is a composer, arranger, singer, and musician with credits that include General Hospital and ads for McDonald's, Budweiser, and Chevrolet. Amber Campbell is theater trained and educated, and has been a featured vocalist and MC for several Branson shows. Kelly Parrish began her career in TV and film in Chicago, and worked with stars like Oprah and Jimmy Osmond. Michael Jason Frost was cast in Pigeon Forge productions of The Miracle and Joseph and the Amazing Technicolor Dreamcoat, and Josh Carroll was featured in Branson’s Magnificent Country, Magnificent America, and Magnificent Seven shows. Mike Williamson is a full-time musician who plays several instruments, including trumpet, bass, mandolin, ukulele, and harmonica, and Dino Phillips has become one of the area’s most sought-after drummers, playing for several big shows in Branson. Ryan Dunn is an amazing sax player who also performs in area bands playing rock, blues, funk, and soul music. Kaylee Ruden is a successful hairstylist who's performed at Silver Dollar City (SDC) and numerous Branson shows, and Eric Dalton is another veteran artist from SDC; he's also been seen performing for Holland America Cruises. Jordan Dickison rounds out the cast; he's dazzled audiences at shows like Clay Cooper and Hot Rods & High Heels.
Helpful Hints/Additional Information
- #1 Hits of the 60's (& 50's, Too!) performs at the Clay Cooper Theatre.
- The theater is located at 3216 West 76 Country Boulevard.
- The show can be seen March through December at 2:00 p.m. on most Sundays, Tuesdays, Thursdays, and Saturdays through August, with most Mondays added from September 3 through December 12.
- A Christmas version of the show takes over in November and December.
- There is a pre-show 30 minutes prior to the performance of #1 Hits of the 60's (& 50's, Too!), and a cast meet & greet after the show.
- Accessible seating for guests with disabilities is available at the Clay Cooper Theatre.
- There is a gift shop and concession area on site.
- Still photography is allowed during the show, but video is not.
- #1 Hits of the 60's (& 50's, Too!) is a family-friendly production that's suitable for guests of all ages.
A seasoned and talented cast, a massive song list, both beautiful and hilarious costumes, and a love for the stage combines to deliver a show that’s hip, happenin’, and everything else you love about the era that gave us rock ‘n’ roll...it’s #1 Hits of the 60’s (& 50’s, Too!), and it’s your new favorite show in Branson!