Crystal Gayle, the perfect Branson gift for the Christmas season! There are so many reasons that she’s a big name in music - it’s more than her string of hit songs, Gayle’s accomplishments in the industry are impressive, and she just happens to be the little sister of the Queen of Country, Loretta Lynn. With a sound that was much like sister Loretta’s, Crystal had a country hit with “I’ve Cried (the Blue Right Out of My Eyes,)” but she yearned to create her own place in music - her own sound and identity - she achieved her goal in the mid-70s, and than blew it right out of the water when she gave us the 1977 blockbuster cross-over hit, “Don’t It Make My Brown Eyes Blue.” The jazz-tinged tune topped the country charts in the U.S. and beyond, and even landed in the Top 5 on the pop charts. Her other #1 hits include “I’ll Get Over You,” “You Never Miss a Real Good Thing,” “Talking in Your Sleep,” “If You Ever Change Your Mind,” “Til I Gain Control Again,” “Straight to the Heart,” and “Cry.” If you love all of these songs, just wait until you hear Crystal Gayle sing your Christmas favorites!
Among other accomplishments and accolades, Crystal Gayle was the first female country artist to score a Platinum Album, she’s received Female Vocalist of the Year honors from the Country Music Association twice, and was honored with the Top Female Vocalist from the Academy of Country Music three times. She’s a Grammy winner, has a star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame, is a member of the Grand Ole Opry, and holds a place in the Kentucky Music Hall of Fame and the Native American Music Association Hall of Fame. As if all of these honors for her talent weren’t enough, her stunning good looks landed her on People Magazine’s 50 Most Beautiful People in the World.
Additional Information/Helpful Hints
- The Crystal Gayle Christmas Show comes to Branson on Wednesday, November 14, 2018 at 7:00PM.
- She’ll be performing at Dick Clark’s American Bandstand Theater.
- You’ll find the Theater at 1600 West Highway 76 - a.k.a. Country Music Boulevard.
- Dick Clark’s American Bandstand Theater complex also features a fun car museum filled with celebrity and vintage vehicles, and a Hurts Donut shop with an incredible array of unique treats.
- There is also a well-stocked gift shop located in the lobby area of the theater.
- Arrive a little early for the show and enjoy the music memorabilia on display throughout the theater; much of it from Dick Clark’s own collection, as well as a variety of other treasured items.
- The updated concession area - Legendary Eats - serves items like Johnsonville Brats, chili-cheese dogs, ham & turkey croissants, fresh-baked gourmet cookies, and chocolate covered bananas.
- Crystal Gayle’s Christmas Show is family-friendly and suitable for guests of all ages.
- PLEASE NOTE: Tickets for this special limited-engagement performance are non-refundable.
The legendary Crystal Gayle brings her Christmas Show to town for just one night - November 14, and it’s sure to be a happy holiday happening!