David Spade? Look out Branson, here he comes! The Emmy-nominated sitcom star - “Just Shoot Me” - and Emmy-nominated writer - “Saturday Night Live” - will be letting loose on Friday, September 21 in an “only for big kids” stand-up performance! For all you diehard fans of the comedy king of sarcasm, don’t worry - his show won’t be sanitized for a family audience - guests will need to be 18 to attend. Most of us first met the laugh-out-loud funnyman when he appeared on SNL in the 80s, later giving us one of the show’s favorite segments when he became the Hollywood Minute reporter on Weekend Update - Spade skewered just about everyone in the entertainment industry, much to the chagrin of celebrities, and to the delight of everyone watching!
Anyone who’s ever been to Branson is familiar with how much everyone here loves comedy; nearly every show devotes anywhere from a couple of minutes to huge chunks of time to making the audience laugh. Branson even hosts its share of comedy stand-up artists in one-night-only appearances throughout the year, including big names like Charles Esten, Larry the Cable Guy, Jay Leno, Jeff Foxworthy, Bill Engvall, Ray Stevens, and Rich Little, as well as longer runs by popular shows like Larry’s Country Diner, Menopause the Musical, and Maxine’s Christmas Carol - all well-received and successful. But bringing the edgy antics of David Spade is a whole different ball game, and it offers the type of adult comedy entertainment that many visitors and residents alike have been hoping to see.
Additional Information/Helpful Hints
- The incorrigible David Spade will take the stage at the Welk Resort Theatre (no worries - he’ll give it right back, maybe a little bit more “rattled” than it was before, but perfectly intact!)
- You’ll find the Welk Resort Theatre at 1984 Missouri Highway 165 - approximately three (3) miles out from The Strip.
- Spade’s one-night-only appearance is scheduled for Friday, September 21, 2018 at 7:00 p.m.
- The Welk Resort has a spacious lobby, complete with a large concession area and a well-stocked gift shop. It also offers full-service dining at the Stage Door Restaurant.
- The theater is accessibility friendly, and there is a half circle drive that makes it easy to unload passengers with disabilities at the lobby entrance before parking your vehicle.
- PLEASE NOTE: This will be an adults-only performance; all guests must be at least eighteen years-of-age (18) to attend. Tickets for this special limited engagement show are sold as non-refundable.
Here’s your chance to see a Saturday Night Live alum doing what he does best, keeping an audience in stitches - make sure the audience includes you when David Spade steps into the Branson spotlight!