Leroy New - A Tribute to Marty Robbins and Classic Country Stars is an incredible Branson showcase for a superbly talented singer and guitar picker! Fans of the late, great Marty Robbins are still loyal and big in numbers, and quite particular about how his iconic music is treated. There’s no disagreement here, Leroy’s magical vocals and phenomenal guitar pickin’ skills are second to none! Marty Robbins was a star when we were still calling the genre ‘country & western’ music; he racked up more than 40 Top Ten hits, with more than 15 landing at #1 on the country charts. And he was multi-talented; he mastered several instruments, appeared in movies, and was a serious Nascar competitor, racing alongside big names like Carl Yarbrough and Richard Petty. It’s take an extremely talented artist to step into the shoes of a bigger-than-life character like Robbins, thankfully for Branson, Leroy New is more than up to the task!
In A Tribute to Marty Robbins, Leroy New performs hits like “El Paso,” “Devil Woman,” “Faleena,” “Don’t Worry,” and “Among My Souvenirs.” He also treats audiences to the music of other country greats that were contemporaries of Marty Robbins, including Bob Wills, Maybelle Carter, Johnny Cash, Hank Williams, and Chet Atkins.
Additional Information/Helpful Hints
- Leroy New - A Tribute to Marty Robbins and Classic Country Stars can be seen at the Dutton Family Theater.
- The theater is located at 3454 West Highway 76 (a.k.a. The Strip or Country Music Boulevard.)
- The show runs from March through December.
- Most performances of Leroy New - A Tribute to Marty Robbins and Classic Country Stars can be seen at 2:00 p.m. on Tuesday, Thursday, and Friday. There are some 10:00 a.m. shows in October, November and December, and some dates vary.
- Special seating for the disabled is available in Dutton Family Theater.
- The theater features a gift shop and concession area, and treats at Abby’s Tourist Trap next door.
- Leroy New - A Tribute to Marty Robbins and Classic Country Stars is family-friendly and suitable for all ages.
For a fantastic mix of music that includes traditional country and western, gospel, bluegrass, a taste of Cajun, and the songs you love from one of biggest stars in the history of country music, make plans now to see the unforgettable Leroy New in A Tribute to Marty Robbins and Classic Country Stars!