This performance has been cancelled as of August 21, 2018.
Chuck Negron, the voice that helped catapult Three Dog Night to early 70’s superstardom, comes to Branson in 2018! Unforgettable vocals belting out incredible pop/rock songs was key to the success of Three Dog Night, a group that accumulated 12 gold records and 21 consecutive hits on the Billboard Top 40 charts -- seven of those singles went on to grab the Gold! Negron’s voice first captured widespread attention when the song “One,” penned by the legendary Harry Nilsson, hit the airwaves, quickly cracking the Top 10. It was followed by an impressive string of hugely popular songs, including “An Old Fashioned Love Song,” “Liar,” “Never Been to Spain,” and “Shambala,” and chart-toppers “Black and White,” Mama Told Me Not to Come,” and “Joy to the World.” You didn’t need to live through the 70’s, or even be a loyal fan of rock ‘n roll, to know the #1 song of the year for 1971 -- all you need is those first four words...”Jeremiah was a bullfrog!” Some songs simply claim the top of the charts for a couple of weeks, then there’s that small number of hits that’ll smash it to smithereens and become legendary, like “Joy to the World.” Here’s you chance to hear it performed by the man who helped make it the iconic song of a generation, the masterful Chuck Negron!
Additional Information/Helpful Hints
- Chuck Negron will be performing at the Welk Resort Theatre.
- The theatre is located at 1984 Missouri Highway 165.
- The concert is scheduled for Friday, October 12, 2018 at 7:00PM.
- Inside the Welk facility, you’ll find a concession area, expansive gift shop, and a full service restaurant.
- There is theatre seating that’s accessible to guests with disabilities, and disabled guests can easily be dropped off at the entrance via the circle drive.
- Chuck Negron’s performance will be family friendly and suitable for all ages.
He made us fall in love with Three Dog Night and a bullfrog named Jeremiah, and he’ll be sharing all of our favorite songs in a one-night-only performance in Branson -- mark your calendar for Chuck Negron on October 12, because you’re invited!