The Petersen Family Bluegrass Band features the sensational family that helped put bluegrass music on the Branson map! The entire family possesses an amazing level of talent; mom and dad, their son, and three daughters give audiences a healthy dose of bluegrass favorites and original songs. Each family member is skilled at pickin’ a number of instruments, including the banjo, mandolin, bass and rhythm guitars and, of course, the good ole’ fiddle. However, it was Ellen’s talent in particular that caught the attention of American Idol during the 2015 season. Her beautiful voice and banjo pickin’ earned her a golden ticket to Hollywood, and she took along two of her siblings to keep her practice sessions all in the family! Considering the thousands who vied for a shot at stardom, Ellen’s top 48 finish was an incredible accomplishment.
Some of the artists covered by the Petersen Family Bluegrass Band include Bill Monroe, Doyle Lawson, Alison Krauss, and Branson favorite, Rhonda Vincent. In addition to the bluegrass music they love to play, they’ll treat you to fiddle tunes, gospel music a cappella style, and a bit of yodeling for good measure!
Helpful Hints/Additional Information
- The Petersen Family Bluegrass Band performs in the Little Opry Theatre at the IMAX Entertainment Complex.
- The Complex is located at 3562 Shepherd of the Hills Expressway.
- The family performs at 7:30PM on Saturday in January and February; 2:00PM on Sunday, Tuesday and Thursday from March through October. Sundays will be a separate gospel show. In November and December, Tuesday and Thursday will be a special Christmas show.
- The Petersen Family Bluegrass Band show is free to children 12 and under.
- The IMAX Entertainment Complex has a concession area, several gift shops, and a full-service restaurant.
Bluegrass music at its best, family entertainment at its finest, and a grand good foot tappin' time is what you’re gonna find when you visit the delightful Petersen Family Bluegrass Band!