Buck Trent...oh yeah, this guy is ‘thumbs up’ sensational! This immensely popular Branson entertainer has twice been named Instrumentalist of the Year by the Country Music Association, and has received a similar honor from Record World and Music City News. Yep, he’s that good! He’s got an excellent sense of humor, and few come close to matching his skill at pickin’ the banjo. You’ve heard him on numerous country music hits, including Dolly Parton’s “Jolene” and “I Will Always Love You.” His undeniable skill on the banjo, and his winning humor, landed Trent on scores of television shows, including a regular gig on Hee Haw, and appearances on The Tonight Show, Music City Tonight, The Porter Wagoner Show, The Mike Douglas Show, Dinah!, and Nashville Now, among others. In his long-running Branson morning show, Buck’s audiences are treated to great country music, including songs like “Rolling In My Sweet Baby’s Arms” and “Blue Moon of Kentucky.”
The Buck Trent Country Music Show features a cast of Branson’s most seasoned musicians, including vocalist and lead guitar player, Kenny Parrott - featured vocalist, Katie Lynn - Bruce Hoffman on fiddle, mandolin, steel guitar, and vocals - Jonathan Black on saxophone, piano, mandolin, and vocals - Rob Blackwood on drums and vocals - and Randy McConnell on bass, guitar, and vocals. Together with his group of amazing supporting players, Buck gives Branson audiences a show full of traditional country, bluegrass, and gospel that’ll keep 'em coming back time and again!
Helpful Hints/Additional Information
- Buck Trent Country Music Show performs at the Branson Famous Theatre.
- The theater is located at 645 State Highway 165.
- Buck's regular show runs April through October on various days of the week at 10:00AM - confirm dates in advance.
- Buck Trent's Christmas show runs November 1 through December 8 at 10:00AM.
- The Branson Famous Theatre has a gift shop and concession area in the lobby.
- The Buck Trent Country Music Show is family-friendly and suitable for all ages.
- Special seating is available for the disabled, including aisle and wheelchair seating, and seating with limited or no stairs.
There are a lot of good musicians out there who play the banjo, then there’s the true banjo picker extraordinaire...he’s right here in Branson, Missouri, and goes by the unforgettable name of Buck Trent!
For November and December, Buck Trent adds a bit of holiday happiness to his show! At Buck Trent’s Down Home Christmas Show, you’ll hear some of his best stuff from the regular season show, as well as many of your favorite holiday songs. Make sure Branson’s on your holiday wish list, especially a visit with the banjo-pickin’, happy Hee Haw star...he’ll be waiting for you at Buck Trent’s Down Home Christmas Show!