Marvin Gaye & Friends...Branson finally gets a tribute to one of the greatest artists in music history! Kirk Hunter gets the honor of bringing Gaye’s hit songs to the stage - incredible music that ranges from toe-tappin’ early Motown magic, like “I’ll Be Doggone,” to the more thought-provoking stuff, like “What’s Goin’ On” from the biggest album of his far-too-brief career. Marvin Gaye may be best remembered; however, for his chart-topping version of “Heard It Through the Grapevine,” and for all of the great work he did with female vocalist, Tammy Terrell. And, of course, he joins the short list of artists, with soulful crooner, Barry White, whose songs remain timeless when it comes to romance, especially his hit “Let’s Get It On.” Kirk Hunter treats audiences to a long list of Marvin Gaye’s best stuff, including “Mercy, Mercy Me” and “Sexual Healing,” along with the songs of other soul music icons. Marvin Gaye & The Masters of Soul is appearing at the Hot Hits Theatre in the Historic Downtown Branson District, an ideal venue that allows close-up performances, the best way to enjoy the music of Motown and other soulful songs!
Additional Information/Helpful Hints
- Marvin Gaye & The Masters of Soul - A Tribute Featuring Kirk Hunter can be seen in Historic Downtown Branson at the Hot Hits Theatre.
- The Theatre is located at 206 South Commercial Street.
- The show appears Monday, Wednesday, and Friday at 2:00 p.m. from March through December in 2020.
- The Hot Hits Theatre is a more intimate venue than most theaters, and offers an open-style seating area.
- The Theatre has no stairs or changing elevations, and features cushioned seats with no arms, making it more accessible for guests using mobility devices, or for those who need a little extra room.
- The stage and seating area are close to the theater entrance; this means guests won’t have to walk far to find their seats - it also offers a more up-close-and-personal show experience.
- There is a gift shop/concession area in the theater, and guests are welcome to take photos during the performance.
- Marvin Gaye & The Masters of Soul is a family-friendly show that's suitable for guests of all ages.
Experience the timeless music of the one-and-only Prince of Soul - the man who blessed us with his smooth, unforgettable voice and a string of Motown classics, easily some of the greatest songs ever recorded. Along with surprise appearances by other artists, Kirk Hunter delivers the goods in the show, Marvin Gaye & The Masters of Soul, so get ready to get groovin’ in Branson!