Gene Watson, the singer’s singer, returns to the Branson stage, and he’s bringing along some of the best back-up musicians in music - The Farewell Party Band! The popular visiting artist comes courtesy of the Boot Daddy Concert Series held annually at the Starlite Theatre. He’s been singing for decades, but his powerful voice and multi-octave range remains wonderfully intact, allowing him to easily perform some of the most challenging songs, the type of music that artists of his generation tend to shy away from...yep, he’s that good! Maybe his incredible voice and humble nature come from remembering his roots -- even in a musical genre noted for its hard-luck stories, Gene Watson’s early life stands out. His father moved around a lot in order to scratch out a living for his eight children, and Gene’s home as a child was, for many years, a converted school bus. But a loving family and a God-given talent for singing, created one of music’s greatest classic artists, one that remains defiantly country in the face of today’s more pop-oriented offerings -- he’s proud to know that his large and loyal fanbase relies on him to help keep traditional country music on America’s stages.
Gene Watson's list of hits is impressive; it includes songs like “Love in the Hot Afternoon,” “Where Love Begins,” “Paper Rosie,” “Farewell Party,” “One Sided Conversation,” “Pick the Wildwood Flower,” “You’re Out Doing What I’m Doing Without,” “Fourteen Carat Mind,” “Don’t Waste It On the Blues,” and “What She Don’t Know Won’t Hurt Her.”
Helpful Hints/Additional Information
- Gene Watson and The Farewell Party Band appear at the Starlite Theatre as part of the the BootDaddy Concert Series.
- You’ll find Gene at the Starlite Theatre at 3115 West Highway 76.
- You can catch Gene at one of four concerts at the Starlite - October 4 at 2:00PM, October 5 at 7:30PM, November 8 at 2:00PM, and November 9 at 7:30PM...and, of course, you're welcome to can catch him at all four performances!
- There is a gift shop, concession area, and full-service diner on site at the theatre.
- Special seating for the disabled is available in theatre.
- There is ample, flat parking available, including designated parking for motorcoaches.
- Gene Watson’s performance will be family-friendly and suitable for all ages.
He’s got an unforgettable, multi-octave voice that’s as strong today as it was when his career took off in the 70’s -- he’s responsible for a long list of memorable, classic country songs -- and he’s coming back to Branson for a limited engagement of just four concerts that are sure to be hot-selling tickets. Don’t miss the Texas Hall of Famer with the enviable position of being a ‘singer’s singer’ -- don’t miss the legendary Gene Watson and The Farewell Party Band!