This show has been cancelled for March 28th, 2020. Pending reschedule date.
Branson welcomes Phil Vassar & Billy Yates for a highly-anticipated concert performance! Vassar is a country music, double-whammy hit maker with chart-toppers as a singer and as a songwriter for other huge artists, including Tim McGraw, Alan Jackson, and JoDee Messina. Vassar sang his way to the top of the country charts with “In Real Love” and “Just Another Day in Paradise,” and scored a Top Ten hit with “Love is a Beautiful Thing,” “Last Day of My Life,” “American Child,” “That’s When I Told You,” “Six-Pack Summer,” and “Carlene.” And his success as a songwriter is more than impressive; among others, Tim McGraw hit #2 on the charts with “For A Little While,” and #1 with “My Next Thirty Years,” JoDee Messina topped the charts with “I’m Alright” and “Bye, Bye,” and Alan Jackson nabbed a #1 spot with “Right on the Money.” You’re sure to have a fabulous time witnessing Phil Vassar, an Academy of Country Music recipient of the New Male Vocalist of the Year award, share his own songs, as well as those that scored big for other country stars.
Billy Yates is already a much-loved entertainer in Branson for his contribution to the show, Raiding the Country Vault, and currently in the wonderful show he hosts, Billy Yates’ Hit Songwriters in the Round, a unique-to-Branson concept that has the Grammy-nominated Yates sharing the stage with other notable Nashville songwriters. It’s a special treat to have him take the stage as a solo act, sharing his own songs as well as those he’s written for others, like “Choices,” recorded by George Jones, for which he received a Grammy Award for Best Male Country Vocal Performance, and “I Don’t Need Your Rocking Chair,” also recorded by Jones - the song featured a variety of other country artists, and went on to be named Vocal Event of the Year by the Country Music Association.
- Phil Vassar & Billy Yates will be lighting up the stage at the Welk Resort Theatre.
- The Welk Resort can be found at 1984 MO Highway 165, just minutes from Branson’s Highway 76.
- The one-night-only performance will be held on Saturday March 28th at 7:00 p.m.
- The Welk Resort is also home to a hotel, as well as resort lodging with an indoor water park.
- There is a large lobby leading into the theater; the lobby features a concession area, sizable gift shop, and buffet style dining.
- There’s a circular drive that allows for guests with physical challenges to be dropped at the door prior to parking; this is highly suggested for anyone in a wheelchair or using a walking aid.
- The concert featuring Phil Vassar & Billy Yates will be family-friendly and suitable for guests of all ages.
Make your way to Branson in October; come for so many excellent reasons, but make sure one of them is to see two unforgettable singing/songwriting country artists when the concert stage showcases Phil Vassar & Billy Yates!