Shrek the Musical in Branson - swamp life comes to the Ozarks! Your family’s favorite “jolly green giant” and his friends are headed to the musical stage, bringing the story that was irresistible the minute it hit the big screen 18 years ago (yep, it’s really been that long!) Who can resist the timeless tale of a lovably grumpy ogre’s quest to protect the solitude of his home in the swamp after fairytale folks are banished there by a corrupt royal. Joined along the way by a hilariously chatty sidekick, Donkey, Shrek’s journey results in the kind of unexpected love story that touches even the most reluctant of romantics! You’ll see the whole unforgettable gang, including Princess Fiona and Lord Farquaad, and enjoy a fabulous new soundtrack, courtesy of composer and arranger, Jeanine Tesori, the musical genius whose work is featured in many successful live theater productions, including “Fun Home,” “Thoroughly Modern Millie,” “Violet,” and “Caroline, or Change.”
Additional Information/Helpful Hints
- Shrek The Musical will be appearing at the Welk Resort Theatre.
- The Resort is located at 1984 Missouri Highway 165 (about 5 minutes from Highway 76.)
- The show can be seen from June 15 through August 10 on Saturdays at 10:00 a.m., from June 9 through August 7 on most Sundays, Tuesdays, and Wednesdays at 3:00 p.m., and from June 8 through August 10 on Thursday, Friday, and Saturday at 7:00 p.m.
- The theatre has a multi-register concession area, gift shop, and large restaurant with buffet service.
- Parking is slightly uphill from the entrance, but there is half circle drive that allows for guests to be dropped off at the door.
- Shrek The Musical is family friendly and suitable for guests of all ages.
Unless you’ve been hiding in a swamp somewhere yourself, you already know and love Shrek - but you won’t need to be familiar with the story to enjoy this delightful Broadway-style production! Fans and newcomers alike, make plans now and get those seats reserved - this limited-engagement event is gonna sell fast because it’s Shrek The Musical!