The Toby Show returns to Branson! This beloved timeless story of good versus evil was around for generations as a travelling vaudeville-style tent show visiting small towns around the country; it became a Branson fixture in the early 1960s when the original shepherd and co-writer of the Shepherd of the Hills novel, Shad Heller, along with inspiration from Irene Ryan, who played “Granny” in the Beverly Hillbillies TV show, and with help from his wife, Mollie, developed a Toby Show for Branson. The show lived at the Wilderness Settlement on Branson’s famous strip, playing in a venue that was actually called the “Corn Crib Theater.” With Heller’s role in first establishing a Toby Show in Branson, it’s only fitting that this revived production be hosted at the Shepherd of the Hills Homestead. Not only will you get a fun, family-friendly, and laugh-yourself-silly show, you’ll be served a belly-bustin’ delicious dinner!
Additional Information/Helpful Hints
- The Toby Show will be appearing at the Shepherd of the Hills Homestead & Adventure Park in the Playhouse Theatre.
- The Shepherd of the Hills Homestead is located at 5586 West Highway 76, just a couple of minutes beyond The Strip’s intersection with Shepherd of the Hills Expressway.
- You can see the show on Tuesday, Thursday, and Saturday from May 21 through July 27, and Thursday and Saturday from August 1 through October 19.
- Dinner is included with your ticket for The Toby Show - dinner is served at 4:00 p.m. and the show begins at 5:00 p.m.
- The dinner menu is: Maple Glazed Smoked Turkey Breast, BBQ Peppered Pulled Pork, Baked Beans, Fire-roasted Ear of Corn, Dinner Roll with Butter, and choice of beverage - dessert is Dutch Oven Crumb Top Cobbler.
- Other shows and activities at the Shepherd of the Hills Homestead & Adventure Park include Merry Christmas with Dino & Cheryl, the iconic Shepherd of the Hills Outdoor Drama, Trail of Lights drive-through Christmas display, Lil’ Pete’s Playland, zipline canopy tours, ropes course, Inspiration Tower, Vigilante Extreme ZipRider, and more.
You won’t have many opportunities to enjoy something that’s been entertaining folks for more than a century with good, clean humor and downhome country-style charm, so make sure you grab at the chance to experience this blast-from-the-simpler-past production at Shepherd of the Hills Homestead - The Toby Show!