Look, it's Vicki Lawrence and Mama - A Two Woman Show in Branson! Lawrence’s alter-ego, Thelma Harper, was introduced to the world on the Carol Burnett Show, the iconic sketch comedy that showcased one of television’s funniest casts. At this one-night-only show, Lawrence will share her observations on life, a bit of music, and a boatload of comedy. Thelma Harper, best known simply as Mama, will be making a special guest appearance, and you never know what will come out of her mouth, so be prepared for a few surprises! Most people are very familiar with Mama; as for the music part, some might not know, or maybe they’ve forgotten, that Vicki Lawrence is also an accomplished singer - she even has a gold record for “The Night the Lights Went Out in Georgia,” the popular single she released in 1973.
Helpful Hints/Additional Information
- Vicki Lawrence and Mama - A Two Woman Show will be at Dick's Clark's American Bandstand Theater.
- The theater is located at 1600 West Highway 76 - it's also home to Legends in Concert.
- Vicki Lawrence's show is scheduled for Sunday May 12, 2019 at 3:00PM.
- The American Bandstand Theater has a gift shop and concessions on site.
- Although the theater faces Highway 76, the main entrance is on the restaurant side of the complex off Fall Creek Drive.
- PLEASE NOTE: Tickets for this special limited-engagement performances are non-refundable.
You won’t have many opportunities in your lifetime to see a two-woman show starring just one leading lady; the incomparable Vicki Lawrence is a talented actor, singer, and comedian - hey, think about that - she’s really ‘three’ stars all rolled into one! All kidding aside, this is one seriously funny and lovely lady, who happens to be hiding a grouchy, frumpy, beer-tippin’, old broad in sensible shoes and frocks that saw their best days in the 1950’s. Whether you come to enjoy Vicki Lawrence the singer...or the actor...or the stand-up comedian...or Thelma Harper, one thing’s for certain, you’re gonna have the time of your life at Vicki Lawrence and Mama - A Two Woman Show in Branson MO!