Tommy James and the Shondells will be in Branson for one night only -- it’s one night you truly can’t miss! What ‘60s born band is more iconic, more well-known and beloved, and more relevant to the era of peace, love, and rock ‘n’ rock than the sensational Tommy James and the Shondells? To not know at least one of their songs is to say you’ve been hibernating your life away; they’re responsible for some of the most memorable, most played songs ever recorded. A perfect example - ”Mony Mony” and “I Think We’re Alone Now” didn’t end up just being huge hits for Tommy James, both topped the charts in back-to-back weeks in 1987 when Billy Idol released the first, and Tiffany that latter. If those two catchy classics aren’t enough, how about “Hanky Panky,” “Sweet Cherry Wine,” “Crimson and Clover,” “Crystal Blue Persuasion,” and “Draggin’ the Line?” Few artists can claim diehard fans on both the pop and rock ‘n’ roll side of music, but Tommy James and the Shondells have more than earned the respect of fans and industry professionals from both genres.
The talented Tommy James hasn’t just rested on the laurels of his singing; he’s a songwriter who’s turned out hits for other artists, including “Tighter, Tighter” for Alive and Kicking. He’s also an accomplished author; his book “Me, The Mob, and The Music” is being made into a feature film, and it landed on Rolling Stone’s list of the greatest rock ‘n’ roll memoirs of all time. Nearly a hundred movies and television soundtracks have included a Tommy James’ song, including Forrest Gump, Cape Fear, The Simpsons, Breaking Bad, MacGyver, and Criminal Minds.
Additional Information/Helpful Hints
- Tommy James and the Shondells will be appearing at the Welk Resort Theatre.
- The one-night-only concert will be held on Friday, September 14, 2018 at 7:00PM.
- The Welk Resort is located at 1984 Missouri State Highway 165 - it’s close to Table Rock Lake, as well as the lake’s Moonshine Beach, Table Rock Dam, and the Shepherd of the Hills Fish Hatchery.
- The theatre boasts a spacious lobby, a concession area, a gift shop, and a full-service restaurant on-site.
- Parking is convenient, with much of it being slightly uphill, however, there’s a convenient circle drive at the theatre’s entrance where guests can be dropped off.
- The concert appearance of Tommy James and the Shondells will be family friendly and suitable for guests of all ages.
What more can be said about such a legendary band than to simply say, ‘don’t let this opportunity pass you by!’ Unforgettable music performed live in your favorite destination -- it’s Tommy James and the Shondells in Branson, Missouri - save your seat now before they’re all gone!