BJ Thomas returns to Branson, Missouri! The multi-Grammy Award-winning singer, who’s blessed us with an impressive catalog of hits, makes a one-night-only stop on November 18. A few years may have passed since his biggest songs were all over the airwaves, but that incredible voice is still intact, delivering a long string of hits with genuine emotion and a touch of blue-eyed soul! And it hasn’t only been radio DJ’s who’ve delighted us with BJ’s music, many of his songs have been attached to big projects, like movies and television. He gained a whole new generation of fans when his song “As Long As We Got Each Other,” became the theme song for the hit show, Growing Pains - it gave him a hit as a duet with Dusty Springfield, and then all over again when he recorded it with Jennifer Warnes for the popular sitcom. And probably his best known song, “Raindrops Keep Fallin’ on My Head,” was recorded for the classic film, Butch Cassidy & The Sundance Kid - it was also installed in the Grammy Hall of Fame, and earned its writers an Academy Award for Best Original Song.
Recently, BJ Thomas paired up with another Grammy winner, Keb Mo, and recorded a beautiful version of his song, “Most of All,” but it’s his impressive collection of Top Ten tunes that continue to build his fanbase, including ““Hooked on a Feeling,” “Rock and Roll Lullaby,” “(Hey, Won’t You Play) Another Somebody Done Somebody Wrong Song,” “I’m So Lonesome I Could Cry,” and “I Just Can’t Help Believin’.”
Additional Information/Helpful Hints
- BJ Thomas will be appearing at the Andy Williams Performing Arts Center & Theatre.
- The theatre is located at 2500 West Highway 76.
- The concert is scheduled for Sunday, November 18, 2018 at 8:00PM.
- The Andy Williams Performing Arts Center & Theatre is one of Branson’s most significant structures - the grounds are beautifully landscaped, and it’s the only local theatre to be featured in Architectural Digest, and awarded the State of Missouri’s Conservation Award for Developed Land Use...arrive early for the show so you’ll have time to look around!
- The theatre has a nice gift shop and concession area, as well as seating designated for guests with disabilities.
- The concert performance by BJ Thomas will be family-friendly and suitable for guests of all ages.
- PLEASE NOTE: Tickets for this special limited-engagement performance are non-refundable.
He’s received multiple Grammy Awards, given us two of television and cinema’s most memorable theme songs, and touched our hearts and souls with some of the most incredible music ever recorded- he’s the legendary BJ Thomas, and he’ll be in Branson this November 18 - be here with him!