Golden Sounds of the Platters featuring Eddie Stovall is an authentically Branson show that’s rich with music, memories, and more! Veteran entertainer, Stovall, accompanied by a team of talented artists, delivers a tribute to the iconic soul, pop, and Motown acts who gave us some of the best songs from the 50s and 60s. This sensational salute to your favorite groups features an impressive list of songs from The Platters, including “Harbor Lights,” “Magic Touch,” “My Prayer,” “Smoke Gets in Your Eyes,” “The Great Pretender,” “Only You,” and more. As a group in the 50s, The Platters were as big as it gets; their music so legendary, two of their songs are now in the Grammy Hall of Fame - “The Great Pretender” and “Only You.”
In addition to honoring the substantial work of The Platters, Eddie Stovall and company pay tribute to The Drifters, The Four Tops, The Coasters, The Temptations, and other big acts of the era. There’s nothing quite like the smooth sounds of soul -- those infectiously catchy Doo Wop tunes -- the magical music of the Motor City’s Motown label -- this is music that never grows old and it continues to gain new fans with every generation of music lovers!
Helpful Hints/Additional Information
- Golden Sounds of the Platters featuring Eddie Stovall can be found at the Hot Hits Theatre.
- The Hot Hits Theatre is located at 206 South Commercial Street in Historic Downtown Branson.
- The show runs on Wednesdays from March 4 through December 30 at 10:00 a.m., and on Tuesdays and Thursdays from March 3 through December 31 at 2:00 p.m. in 2020.
- The Hot Hits Theatre is small, offering an intimate show experience, which means there are no bad seats!
- There is street parking in Downtown Branson, and a parking garage just a block from the theater.
- Golden Sounds of the Platters featuring Eddie Stovall is a family-friendly show that’s suitable for guest of all ages.
- The Hot Hits Theatre is also home to: Motown Downtown Tribute, All Crazy 'bout Patsy, Marvin Gaye & Masters of Soul, and Doo Wop & More.
The music of The Platters and other big groups that gave us the danceable sounds of Doo Wop, the memories of Motown, and that sweet, sweet soul -- find all this and more at the one show that salutes some of the greatest songs ever recorded -- find it all at Branson’s Golden Sounds of the Platters featuring Eddie Stovall!