Golden Sounds is an authentically Branson show that’s rich with music, memories, and more! Veteran entertainer, Eddie Stovall, accompanied by a team of talented artists, delivers a tribute to the iconic soul, pop, and Motown acts who gave us some of the best songs from the 50s and 60s. This sensational salute to your favorite groups features an impressive list of songs from The Platters, including “Harbor Lights,” “Magic Touch,” “My Prayer,” “Smoke Gets in Your Eyes,” “The Great Pretender,” “Only You,” and more. As a group in the 50s, The Platters were as big as it gets; their music so legendary, two of their songs are now in the Grammy Hall of Fame - “The Great Pretender” and “Only You.” In addition to honoring the substantial work of The Platters, Eddie Stovall and company pay tribute to The Drifters, The Four Tops, The Coasters, The Temptations, and other big acts of the era. There’s nothing quite like the smooth sounds of soul -- those infectiously catchy Doo Wop tunes -- the magical music of the Motor City’s Motown label -- this is music that never grows old, it continues to gain new fans with every generation of music lovers!
Helpful Hints/Additional Information
- The Golden Sounds show can be found at the Tribute Theatre.
- The Tribute Theatre is conveniently located at 3310 West Highway 76; there is a Domino’s Pizza, Ruby Tuesday’s, and a Walgreens neighboring the theatre.
- The show runs from March through December at 10:00 a.m. from Tuesday through Friday.
- The theatre has a gift shop and concession area on site.
- Golden Sounds is a family-friendly show that’s suitable for all ages.
The music of The Platters and other big groups that gave us the danceable sounds of Doo Wop, the memories of Motown, and that sweet, sweet soul -- find all this and more at the one show that salutes some of the greatest songs ever recorded -- find it all at Branson’s Golden Sounds!