No doubt about it, Branson, Missouri is a beautiful place, and one of the best ways to enjoy its beauty and have fun at the same time is to play a round - or two, or three - of golf! And in Branson, your options for a delightfully challenging, and wonderfully scenic, game of golf are plentiful. You can enjoy everything from a quick nine holes at the relatively small city course, the Don Gardner Par-3, to spending a few hours at the stunning new course offered by Big Cedar, Buffalo Ridge Springs.
Here’s a bit of helpful information on Branson area golf courses. And because most people who come to Branson for golf are staying for a few days, we’ve included a few options for nice places to stay!
Listed in alpha order, Branson invites you to discover these nine phenomenal golf courses:
1. Branson Hills Golf Club: A gorgeous par 72 that’s been named the state of Missouri’s #1 course for several straight years, this challenging 18-hole course is the scenic centerpiece of the popular retail and residential district known as Branson Hills. Address: 100 Payne Stewart Drive, Branson
2. Buffalo Ridge Springs Golf Course: One of the stunning courses created by Bass Pro Shops’ owner, Johnny Morris, this par 71, 18-hole course is found in Branson Creek, on some of the most beautiful acreage in the area. Address: 1001 Branson Creek Boulevard, Hollister - just a couple minutes south of Branson
3. Don Gardner Par 3 Golf Course: Operated by the City of Branson, and formerly known as the Pitch ‘n’ Putt, this 18-hole, par 68 is located near Lake Taneycomo and gives players a centrally located course adjacent to Historic Downtown Branson. Address: 201 Compton Drive, Branson
4. Holiday Hills Resort & Golf Club: Branson’s earliest course, it’s undergone renovations to make it one of the area’s favorites. It’s a par 68, 18-hole course that can be found in the Holiday Hills Resort at Cross Creek just beyond what’s locally known as Mt. Branson. Address: 2380 East Highway 76, Branson
5. LedgeStone Country Club: The closest course to Silver Dollar City, LedgeStone lies within the beautifully hilly and scenic Stonebridge Village. Par 71 with 18 holes, it offers one of Branson’s most challenging games. Address: 1600 LedgeStone Way, Branson West - just minutes from Branson, and less than a mile from Silver Dollar City.
6. Mountain Top Golf Course: Another new Branson Creek course from Johnny Morris, this Gary Player-designed masterpiece offers a gorgeous landscape for a par 39, 13-hole game, ideal when you have limited time to play. Address: 100 Branson Creek Boulevard, Hollister - just a couple minutes south of Branson
7. Pointe Royale Golf Course: Found in a popular residential and resort area that many Branson entertainers have called home, including the late and beloved, Andy Williams, this par 70, 18-hole course remains a favorite of stars and discerning duffers alike! Address: 1000 Pointe Royale Drive, Branson
8. Thousand Hills Golf Club: A favorite for locals, this 18-hole, par 64 enjoys a perfect, centrally-located spot just off Branson’s famous Strip. The adjacent resort offers popular residential and nightly rental lodging, along with a well-appointed club house. Address: 245 South Wildwood Drive, Branson
9. Top of the Rock Golf Course: Small, yet still challenging and gorgeous, this par 27, 9-hole course was designed by the legendary Jack Nicklaus. Part of Johnny Morris’ Big Cedar Lodge property, it’s adjacent to incredible dining, and easily the most stunning view of Table Rock Lake you’ll find! Address: 150 Top of the Rock Road, Hollister - just minutes south of Branson
You can find excellent lodging near all of Branson’s golf courses - nothing is too far away from enjoying a great game! But to help with the decision-making process, here are some suggestions, in no particular order:
1. Stonebridge Resort: Loaded with amenities that include several swimming pools, options abound for nightly lodging in a cabin, suite, or condo. Conveniently located for a game of golf at LedgStone Country Club, of course!
2. Best Western Landing View: Found just uphill from Historic Downtown and Branson Landing, you’ll discover nicely renovated rooms and suites, as well as a large indoor pool and 24-hour fitness room. Conveniently located for playing a round at Branson Hills Golf Club and the Don Gardner Par 3 Golf Course.
3. Residence Inn Marriott: Offering nightly and extended stay suites, and all the creature comforts of home, these lovely accommodations are loaded with special features. Conveniently located for enjoying a few games of golf at Thousand Hills Golf Club.
4. Fall Creek Inn & Suites: A smaller, cozy little hotel set in a pretty valley, and located near other fun stuff like the Runaway Mountain Coaster. Conveniently located just down the street from Pointe Royale Golf Course, and just a couple of minutes from Thousand Hills Golf Club.
5. Baymont Inn & Suites: Located right where Branson’s famous Strip intersects with the main highway into Branson, the Baymont has a nice, glass-enclosed pool and recently renovated rooms. It’s the nearest Branson lodging to Hollister, and allows immediate access to Highway 65, making it perfect for golf at Top of the Rock, Buffalo Ridge Springs, and Mountain Top golf courses.
6. & 7. The Hiltons of Branson: These two upscale hotels, one at the Branson Convention Center, the other at Branson Landing (Hilton of Branson Promenade,) have the area’s longest list of amenities, easy access to Lake Taneycomo and Historic Downtown Branson, and offer lodging that’s convenient for playing a round at Holiday Hills Golf Club and Don Gardner Par 3 Golf Course.
Obviously, there are plenty more places to stay in Branson - places with every imaginable amenity or special feature, and found in all of the best locations. You can learn more about Branson lodging in our recent Travel Guide post: "Branson Offers Your Ideal Home Away from Home!" You can also give a friendly vacation planning specialist a call; they can help you with golf reservations at both Holiday Hills and Thousand Hills, put you in touch with other courses in the area, and find you ideal accommodations, fun attractions, sensational live entertainment, delicious food, and everything else you need for your perfect Branson visit!