(Originally Published on December 26, 2018, followed by updates published February 20 - “Branson 2019 “News” on What’s New...Plus Even More!” and April 12 - “Branson 2019 - What’s New? Your Latest Update Offers 10 Great Things!” - we think the information in this post is worth sharing once again. Follow the links attached to the titles for the two updated posts. Please note that two “new” shows on this list have since been cancelled.)
Maybe it happens in every destination, but something tells us that this question is a uniquely Branson thing…”what’s new this year?” People in the business of promoting Branson have learned that they better be prepared to answer that question because it’ll be the most frequent thing they’ll hear when every new year approaches! And right up there with “what’s new” is learning where every Branson show will be performing, and that means it’s time for our annual “show go” report - as in “where did my favorite show go?”
We’ll talk about some of the “coming attractions” we mentioned in our New in 2018 posts, as well as things only recently announced. There are some entirely new structures going up, and some existing attractions adding new features. Regardless of what’s new, you can always count on Branson to present you with plenty of new things to do...to see...to thoroughly enjoy - and let’s not forget all of the incredible shows, attractions, dining, and shopping opportunities that you already know and love!
Here, in no particular order, are a few of the fantastic new things happening in Branson in 2019:
1. Skyscraper at The Track Family Fun Parks: It just may be the most exciting thing to happen at The Track in years! It’s being described as a “ferris wheel on steroids,” this thrilling ride has seats located on opposite ends of a propellor-style blade - it rotates vertically reaching heights of 150 feet and speeds up to 55 miles per hour! It’s a very smooth ride that feels more like like a roller coaster than a ferris wheel - it even pauses briefly at the 150-feet point for riders to take in the incredible view of Branson. Already featuring scores of funs things to do, The Track has really upped the thrill ride ante with the Skyscraper!
Location: Track #3 at 2505 West Highway 76 (a.k.a. The Strip or Country Music Boulevard)
2019 Schedule: Track #3 opens in March
2. The Year of Shows & Festivals at Silver Dollar City: One of the best theme parks in the country can be found right here in Branson, and for 2019, they’ve amped up their festivals and announced brand new shows! The year kicks off with Silver Dollar City’s annual Spring Ride Days, followed by The Festival of Wonder, featuring new shows like Phoenix Fire and CirqUnique. The New Bluegrass Nights festival brings more concerts to Echo Hollow, and the Star-Spangled Summer is highlighted by Kid Magic, a break-out star from America’s Got Talent, an all new million-dollar stage production - Reuben’s Swashbuckling Adventure, and the Summer Concert Series’ Throwback Concerts. Moonlight Madness will keep the park open later at night, followed by the new Craft Days - Pumpkin Nights Harvest Festival with shows like Cirque Eloize Lumberjacks, and a pumpkin-filled park, along with later operating hours. The Southern Gospel Picnic returns with many new acts, followed by Country Music Days. The year-ending festival is Silver Dollar City’s award-winning An Old Time Christmas. (You’ll find more on Silver Dollar City in 2019 here: “Silver Dollar City in 2019 - What’s New at Branson’s Biggest Attraction!”)
Location: 399 Silver Dollar City Parkway (on Indian Point)
2019 Schedule: Spring Ride Days: March 13 Festival of Wonder: April 10 - 28 Bluegrass Nights: May 2 - 27 Star-Spangled Summer: June 8 - July 21 Summer Concert Series: May 31, June 2, June 7 - 9 Moonlight Madness: July 20 - August 4 Southern Gospel Picnic: August 22 - September 2 Country Music Days: September 6 - 22 Harvest Festival: September 25 - October 26 An Oldtime Christmas: November 2 - December 30
3. Up Close Concert Series: Lots of big-name, mostly one-night-only appearances are on the schedule for 2019 - both returning acts and Branson first-timers - we’ll share more on the new acts later. We strongly recommend making reservations early as these tickets are sure to go quickly! (Note: Additional shows may be added! *More on these new shows later.)
April 7 at 7:00 p.m.: FRIENDS! The Musical Parody* at Dick Clark’s American Bandstand Theater
April 11 & 14 at 8:00 p.m.: Ronnie McDowell at Dick Clark’s American Bandstand Theater
May 3 at 7:00 p.m.: Howie Mandel* at Welk Resort Theatre
May 12 at 3:00 p.m.: “A Two Woman Show” - Vicki Lawrence & Mama at Dick Clark’s American Bandstand Theater
May 18 at 8:00 p.m.: Darryl Worley & Billy Dean at Dick Clark’s American Bandstand Theater
May 25 at 7:00 p.m.: Tommy James & The Shondells at Welk Resort Theatre
October 12 at 2:00 p.m.: Gary Lewis & The Playboys and Dennis Tufano (lead singer of The Buckinghams) at Dick Clark’s American Bandstand Theater
October 16 at 7:00 p.m.: Moe Bandy at Dick Clark’s American Bandstand Theater
October 18 at 7:00 p.m.: Herman’s Hermits Starring Peter Noone, and Mitch Ryder at Welk Resort Theatre
November 10 at 3:00 p.m.: Lee Greenwood at Dick Clark’s American Bandstand Theater
November 13 at 7:00 p.m.: T. G. Sheppard at Dick Clark’s American Bandstand Theater
November 20 at 7:00 p.m.: Crystal Gayle - Christmas Show at Dick Clark’s American Bandstand Theater
December 4 at 7:00 p.m.: Lee Greenwood - Christmas Show at Dick Clark’s American Bandstand Theater
4. Grand Country Resort: The “everything in one place” complex right in the heart of Branson’s Strip is offering all new productions for their popular Grand Jubilee and Comedy Jamboree shows, and elevating the excitement in their waterpark by adding not one, but two new slides - Big Drop and Highwall Heights! And while you’re at Grand Country, don’t miss the indoor and outdoor mini-golf, mini-bowling, bumper cars, arcade games, great food, shopping, and all of those wonderful shows in the Grand Country Music Hall!
Location: 1945 West Highway 76 (a.k.a. The Strip or Country Music Boulevard)
2019 Schedule: Open year-round, hours vary for shows, attractions, dining, and shopping
5. Dutton Theater: The Dutton Family is always changing up their show, and for 2019, they’re adding several new shows to the roster: guitar wizard, Leroy New, delivers a Tribute to Marty Robbins & Classic Country Stars - Taylor Reed brings his magical illusions and sleight of hand to the Duttons’ stage - and All Hands on Deck returns to Branson with their all-American musical production. That’s a whole lot of live entertainment in one place!
Location: 3454 West Highway 76 (a.k.a. The Strip or Country Music Boulevard)
2019 Schedule: Dates/hours will vary by show
6. Paula Deen’s Family Kitchen: Announced in 2018, opening time is close at hand for this highly-anticipated eatery! This family-style dining experience - where diners choose protein and sides options to pass around the table - will feature recipes from Paula Deen’s family, as well as a retail area, and enjoy an ideal location at Branson’s premiere dining, shopping, and entertainment center - Branson Landing.
Location: Branson Landing near Historic Downtown Branson - at the Belk (north) end of the center
2019 Schedule: Opening in late spring of 2019
7. Jimmy Buffett’s Landshark Bar & Grill: Another new dining experience at Branson Landing, this one is a venture from one of the country’s most beloved singers, and it promises to be a laid back good time! The proposed location offers a view of Lake Taneycomo, and sits right alongside the Landing’s beautiful fountain show.
Location: Suite 115 at Branson Landing near Historic Downtown Branson - near Fountains
2019 Schedule: Opening in 2019
8. WonderWorks: Another big attraction that we learned about in 2018 will open in the summer of 2019. Billed as a “science-focused indoor amusement park,” WonderWorks will both entertain and educate kids of all ages with more than 100 hands-on exhibits - from astronauts in space to hurricanes, the wonderful world of science has never been more exciting!
Location: 2835 West Highway 76 (a.k.a. The Strip or Country Music Boulevard)
2019 Schedule: Opening in summer of 2019
9. Payne’s Valley: Named for the late and beloved pro golfer, Payne Stewart, this sensational new Tiger Woods-designed course is under development at Big Cedar Lodge in Ridgedale, just a few minutes south of Branson. Big Cedar is already a famous name in the world of golf, and this breathtaking new course promises to be a walkable, player-friendly experience that takes golfers through a natural cavern system after they’ve played the fascinating 19th hole.
Location: 190 Top of the Rock Road, Ridgedale
2019 Schedule: Slated for a mid-2019 opening
10. FRIENDS: The Musical Parody: (This show has been cancelled since the original “New in Branson for 2019” article was published.) Mentioned earlier, new-to-Branson acts will take over the concert stage in 2019. FRIENDS! The Musical Parody lovingly pokes fun at one of the most popular sitcoms to ever command the small screen. You’ll love this musical take on the familiar scenarios that kept this cast on the air for ten successful seasons!
Location: Dick Clark’s American Bandstand Theater at 1600 West Highway 76 (a.k.a. The Strip or Country Music Boulevard)
2019 Schedule: Sunday, April 7 at 7:00 p.m.
11. Howie Mandel: For everyone who thinks he’s a game show host, or a TV talent competition judge, you’ve been missing what Mandel does best - command the stage and deliver brilliant, live stand up comedy to delighted audiences! His experience in so many areas of entertainment - from voicing the adorable Gizmo in the movie, Gremlins, and the sweet animated character Bobby in Bobby’s World, to his convincing role as a doctor in the TV drama, St. Elsewhere - along with his personal struggles has given Howie Mandel more than enough material to keep you in stitches long after his performance is over!
Location: Welk Resort Theatre at 1984 Missouri Highway 165
2019 Schedule: Friday, May 3 at 7:00 p.m.
12. National Enquirer Museum: We’re still waiting on an official press announcement, but we’re seeing lots of tidbits of information about a new attraction coming to the former Starlite Theatre. Currently under renovation, the theater is slated to emerge as the brand new National Enquirer Museum in 2019. With many decades in the publishing business, this magazine has accumulated hordes of stories and related stuff to display. Check back for future posts and confirmation of an opening date!
Location: Former Starlite Theatre at 3115 West Highway 76 (a.k.a. The Strip or Country Music Boulevard)
2019 Schedule: Scheduled to open in the spring of 2019
13. Branson’s Annual “Show Go”: Wondering about some of your favorites displaced by the new attraction taking over the Starlite Theater? Well, the beautiful and talented Janice Martin has moved her Cirque show to the Americana Theater - also finding a new home there is the popular Raiding the Country Vault show. Mentioned earlier, the rousing All Hands On Deck has found a new location with The Duttons; also popping up at their theater are Branson favorites, magician Taylor Reed, and tribute artist extraordinaire, Leroy New, with his sincere homage to Marty Robbins and other classic country artists. (We’ll be sharing an update on the “Show Go” in future posts!)
Locations: Americana Theatre at 2905 West Highway 76 & Dutton Theatre at 3454 West Highway 76 (a.k.a. The Strip or Country Music Boulevard)
2019 Schedules: Dates/times vary by show - Janice Martin has already relocated and her information can be found by following the link attached to her name - Raiding the Rock Vault’s schedule can also be found by following their link. The other shows will be moving in 2019 and website listings will be updated as of January 1, 2019.
14. Mellow Mushroom & Dude’s Daiquiris: Two fun new experiences at Branson Landing! First, Mellow Mushroom is an eclectic eatery filled with art and great family-friendly vibes - they’ll be cooking up stonebaked pizza and craft beers. Dude’s Daiquiris will be serving up a tasty array of frozen drinks and offering seasonal live music.
Locations: Branson Landing - Mellow Mushroom in Suite 333 and Dude’s Daiquiris in Suite 335
2019 Schedules: Both slated for 2019, but specific dates have yet to be announced.
15. Mansion of Dreams from Illusionist Rick Thomas: This all new production is such a grand departure from anything you’ve seen from Thomas, or any other magician for that matter, that we thought it deserved it’s very own slot on this list! Thomas takes the audience on a virtual tour of the illusionist’s own home...guests will experience beautiful, strange, and magical things as they’re guided through each room while being dazzled by Thomas’ mind blowing illusions - there is truly no magic show quite like it anywhere!
Location: Andy Williams Performing Arts Center & Theatre at 1 Andy Williams Boulevard (facing Highway 76)
2019 Schedule: March through December
16. Cinderella On Ice: (This show has been cancelled since the original “New in Branson for 2019” article was published.) Also at Andy Williams’ venue, this production has the entire theater transformed into a magical winter wonderland where world-class ice skaters and noted singers, including Nadia Cole of Voices of Glory and Charlie Green, will deliver a production filled with music, laughter, and fairytale family fun!
Location: Andy Williams Performing Arts Center & Theatre at 1 Andy Williams Boulevard (facing Highway 76)
2019 Schedule: June, July, & August
17. Titanic Museum Attraction’s Lifejacket Display: Easily one of the most fascinating and rare collections to ever be seen together at Branson’s Titanic, seven of the twelve remaining life jackets from that fateful voyage will be on display here. This is the first time these seven priceless artifacts will be displayed in one location. (More on Titanic in 2019 can be found here: “Branson’s Titanic Museum Attraction - What’s Now, New, and Next?”)
Location: Titanic Museum Attraction at 3235 West Highway 76 (a.k.a. The Strip or Country Music Boulevard)
2019 Schedule: March 1 through June 15
Those are the sensational 17 new things we can talk about now - also previously announced is the new Aquarium at The Boardwalk, now scheduled to open in 2020, contingent on partnership details falling into place. As soon as we develop a list of at least five more new things, we’ll put out a new post. In the meantime, there’s plenty to get you excited about visiting Branson in 2019, so start getting those plans together!