The 4th of July is almost here...really? Yep, it’s already that time of year, and Branson, Missouri is ready to bedazzle the night in celebration of our nation’s independence! For this July 4th, 2018, you’ll find several locations ready to deliver lots of bangs, booms, flashes, sparkles, bursts, blasts, and every other kind of “blitz of glittering bombs” of glitz imaginable, as well as several other events and fun things to do! And in Branson, this treasured holiday is not just about quenching our thirst for fireworks, or having fun with tongue-twisting text...here, we never forget the sacrifices made year after year, decade after decade, and century after century to maintain the freedom too many of us take for granted. Here in the United States, we’ve built and nutured a country founded on freedom, and no destination remembers and respects that more than Branson!
Community & General-Public-Invited Events
1. Annual Hollister Fireworks: This annual event takes place in Branson’s closest neighboring city of Hollister, Missouri. The evening includes a Little Miss Firecracker pageant, the singing of the National Anthem, a performance from the Dance Academy, and a welcome from Hollister Mayor, David Tate. Events begin at 5:30 p.m.
Location: Chad A. Fuqua Memorial Park - 312 Esplanade Drive, Hollister Fireworks Date & Time: Wednesday, July 4 at approximately 9:15 p.m.
2. Branson Landing’s Liberty Light Up Concert & Fireworks: This annual event takes place at the Landing Fountains’ amphitheatre, and the concert features Nashville recording artist, Jason Pritchett & Steel Horses. Four beverage tents will be located throughout Branson Landing’s Town Square; they’ll be serving beer and other adult beverages, as well as non-alcoholic drinks. The fireworks will blast off over scenic Lake Taneycomo, with a choreographed opening display by Premier Pyrotechnics, and a stunning grand finale!
Location: Branson Landing & Branson Landing Fountains’ Amphitheatre Fireworks Date & Time: Tuesday, July 3 - event timeline: 6:00 to 10:00 p.m.
NOTE: Arrive early - parking can be scarce for this busy holiday celebration. Don’t forget to bring blankets or lawn chairs for seating!
3. Chateau on the Lake’s Fourth of July Celebration: Annual BBQ event followed by fireworks over Table Rock Lake! Events will take place for registered hotel guests from Friday, June 29 through Wednesday, July 4, including a BBQ on Wednesday from 5:00 to 8:00 p.m. The fireworks display is open to the public.
Location: 415 North State Highway 265 Fireworks Date & Time: Wednesday, July 4 - 9:00 p.m.
NOTE: Although the public is welcome, the Chateau asks that lot parking be reserved for hotel guests.
4. Fireburst - Kimberling City: The Table Rock Lake Chamber of Commerce presents their annual “Fireburst” event; fireworks will shoot off over the newly renovated Kimberling City Bridge that spans Table Rock Lake. The display can be viewed from the lake and from land in several locations.
Location: Kimberling City Bridge Fireworks Date & Time: Saturday, June 30 at 9:00 p.m.
5. Independence Day Celebration at Big Cedar Lodge & Top of the Rock: Fireworks explode over beautiful Table Rock Lake! New this year, the resort is offering off-site parking for $10 per vehicle - the lot is across from White Oak Station, just south of the roundabout at Highways 86 and 65 - shuttles will take guests from the lot to Big Cedar. For Top of the Rock, vehicles can enter through the Welcome Center gate and pay $10 per vehicle for parking, a fee that can be reimbursed through the purchase of the equivalent in beverages, food, or other amenities at the event.
Location: 190 Top of the Rock Road, Ridgedale Fireworks Date & Time: Wednesday, July 4 - Dusk
NOTE: Bring blankets or small folding chairs for seating - no coolers - no pets - no personal fireworks
6. Rockin’ 4th of July in Rockaway Beach: Taney County’s original resort town, Rockaway Beach, celebrates their Centennial year! A full day of festivities is planned to commemorate the village’s first 100 years. This is the only fireworks display serving Rockaway and the neighboring communities of Merriam Woods and Forsyth.
Location: Downtown Rockaway Beach Fireworks Date & Time: Wednesday, July 4 at 9:30 p.m.
7. Summer Boomapalooza at the Branson Ferris Wheel: Live music, food trucks, and a spectacular fireworks display at the enormous Branson Ferris Wheel! The Boomapalooza “block party-style” event includes fireworks at the Branson Ferris Wheel on Friday, June 29, a Night at the Museum Flashlight Tour at Titanic Museum on Saturday, June 30, and a “Tour a Duck” Special and Magic Show hosted by Ripley’s Believe It Or Not!, also on Saturday.
Location: Branson Ferris Wheel - 3345 West Highway 76 Titanic Museum - 3235 West Highway 76 Ripley’s - 3326 West Highway 76 Fireworks Date & Time: Friday, June 29 - event timeline: 7:00 to 11:30 p.m.
NOTE: The fireworks and music at the Branson Ferris Wheel are free-of-charge. An entrance/event fee applies for Titanic and Ripley’s.
Independence Day Events at Branson Shows & Attractions
(Tickets/passes must be purchased for these special show/attraction events.)
8. Hughes Music Show - Independence Day Celebration: You’re invited to a traditional family picnic with games, followed by an afternoon show with the fabulous Hughes Brothers and family - filled with fun and patriotism!
Location: Hughes Brothers Theatre - 3425 West Highway 76 Date & Times: Wednesday, July 4 - Family Picnic & Games at 1:00 p.m. - Hughes Music Show at 3:00 p.m.
NOTE: Your paid ticket to this special show will include food, games, and a special performance by the Hughes Brothers.
9. Janice Martin Cirque Show Presents “Americana:” A brilliant, one-day-only special show with a patriotic, Independence Day theme, courtesy of Branson’s super talented military veteran, Janice Martin!
Location: Janice Martin Cirque Show at Starlite Theatre - 3115 West Highway 76 Date & Time: Wednesday, July 4 - 2:00 to 4:00 p.m.
10. Main Street Lake Cruises - Fireworks Cruise: Three separate cruises are available on Lake Taneycomo to see incredible displays! On July 4, both the Landing Princess and the Lake Queen boats will be on the water to view the fireworks at Rockaway Beach - on July 3, the Lake Queen will be on the lake for the Branson Landing Fireworks.
Location: Main Street Marina at 9 South Boardwalk, between Branson Landing and the Taneycomo Bridge Fireworks Cruise Date & Time: Tuesday, July 3 - 8:15 p.m. aboard the Lake Queen for Branson Landing display - Wednesday, July 4 - 8:15 p.m. aboard the Lake Queen & Landing Princess for Rockaway Beach display
NOTE: These events include the cruise only - there is no meal or cruise narration. The Fireworks Cruise scheduled for July 3 is currently SOLD OUT.
11. Showboat Branson Belle Fireworks Finale Nights: Every Sunday night in July, the Showboat Branson Belle will end the evening with a magnificent fireworks display! As with every cruise aboard the Showboat, the evening will include a delicious meal and live entertainment on wonderful Table Rock Lake!
Location: White River Landing - 4800 Missouri Highway 165 Fireworks Finale Cruise Times: 8:00 p.m. every Sunday in July
NOTE: Your paid ticket includes your meal, the show, and the fireworks finale.
12. Yakov Smirnoff - “Celebrate Independence Day with Yakov!:” Yakov is hosting a special “Salute to the Spirit of 76” with a color guard, a performance of the National Anthem, and more!
Location: Yakov Smirnoff Theatre - 470 Missouri 248 Date & Time: Friday, July 6 & Saturday, July 7 at 8:00 p.m.
For this one glorious holiday, let’s remember to embrace the biggest thing we all have in common - a love for our country, a common interest Branson celebrates every day of the year. So come on up, come down, or come on over from wherever you may be, and “come home” to America’s capital of live entertainment to embrace a 4th of July you won’t soon forget!