It might seem a bit far off to most people, but getting ready for Christmas in Branson - well, it’s not too soon! A popular time to be in the area, and certainly one of the prettiest seasons, Christmas here is special. From the millions of sparkling lights that dazzle guests at Silver Dollar City, to the dozens of holiday shows, and from the parade at Branson Landing, to the savings you’ll find gift shopping at Tanger Outlets, there’s no place like Branson for this happiest of holidays! But the most popular shows can fill up quickly, and preferred lodging can become scarce, so you’ll want to start planning now and make reservations early!
Now that you’ve decided on Branson for your holiday vacation, we’d like to make sure you don’t miss nine of the most Christmassy things to see and do!
1. Silver Dollar City! If you’re already a fan of the multi-award-winning theme park, you’ll know that thousands of lights greet you everywhere you look. For 2017, they’ve amped up the light experience with Christmas in Midtown, adding another 1.5 million sparklers to the already bedazzled landscape! With a total of more than 6.5 million lights, exciting rides, special holiday treats to eat, live shows galore, and more, nothing says Merry Christmas like Silver Dollar City!
2. Drive-through light displays! The Trail of Lights at Shepherd of the Hills and Branson’s Gift of Lights both offer brilliant displays that delight young and old alike. The Trail of Lights boasts a dazzling display of animated Christmas characters, complemented by music, lighted trees, delightful village-like settings, and more. Dozens of displays can be found at Branson’s Gift of Lights, all sparkling with LED lights. This exciting display can be found in the Shepherd of the Hills district where folks have been enjoying a drive-through light experience for years!
3. The Miracle of Christmas at Sight & Sound! Bear witness as the real story unfolds of the birth of Jesus, told through high drama, awe-inspiring special effects, gorgeous costuming and stage sets, live animals, and phenomenal performances -- biblical history comes to life before your very eyes!
4. Christmas Wonderland showcases all the best holiday songs with coordinated leg-kicking skills of a gorgeous chorus line! Hear holiday favorites like “I’ll Be Home for Christmas,” “Rockin’ Around the Christmas Tree," “White Christmas,” and “Jingle Bell Rock.”
5. Maxine’s Christmas Carol is Branson’s delightfully grumpy take on the traditional tale! The popular grumpy of Hallmark greeting card fame turns Branson’s happy Christmas season upside down with singing and dancing, along with those Dickensian ghosts of Christmas past, present, and future!
6. Titanic Museum is one of Branson’s most beautifully interactive attractions! For the holidays, the stunning replica ship becomes even more gorgeous as it’s adorned with glorious holiday decor, and offers special features and events during the Christmas season.
7. The Butterfly Palace & Rainforest Adventure take guests on a uniquely beautiful White Flight for the holiday season! Thousands of precious, delicate white butterflies flutter among hundreds of pretty poinsettias, all showcased in twinkling light displays...it’s like fragile winter snowflakes everywhere you look!
8. Shows, shows, and more Christmas shows! You’ve learned about three of Branson’s favorite holiday shows above, but there are so many more! Nearly every live production in Branson takes a Christmas turn for the season; some transform their entire show into holiday happiness, others perform half their regular season show, and let the other half pay homage to the spirit of Christmas, and then there are shows that appear only during the holiday season! Some of our favorites include: Clay Cooper, Dixie Stampede, The Haygoods, George Dyer, The Duttons, Andy Williams Christmas Extravaganza, The Baldknobbers, Grand Jubilee, Doug Gabriel, Ayo - Voices of Glory, Shoji Tabuchi, Pierce Arrow, The Janice Martin Cirque Show, Hamners’ Unbelievable Christmas, and the impressive list goes on!
9. Last, but not least, everyone needs the perfect memento of their holiday visit to Branson -- we love vintage family photos! Both Branson’s Famous Old Time Photos and Moe’s Old Time Photos will make sure you have the ideal vintage holiday photo -- a fun picture of the two of you dressed like Santa and Mrs. Claus (available at Branson’s Famous) or the whole family in a Victorian-era setting (available at both shops.)
For more great ideas of what to see and do in Branson at Christmas time, and to make sure you have the best seats at the shows and just the right lodging, give us a call and we’ll put together your perfect Branson holiday package!