What We Love In Branson This Week!
Here’s to a wonderful week in Branson, Missouri, and here’s the third edition of our weekly series - “What We Love In Branson This Week!” This series features shows, attractions, events, and other special happenings that are catching our attention for the coming week. This series is strictly what’s top-of-mind each coming week, so make sure you “tune in” every Sunday!
Here, in alphabetical order, is What We Love in Branson This Week:
Branson’s Famous Old Time Photos: An authentic, immersive, and fabulously fun vintage photo experience!
3 Reasons Why We Love Branson’s Famous Old Time Photos:
1. Great costumes and props! The shop maintains a wide variety of costumes and accessories, as well as cool props to make your photo more authentic, including stringed instruments, lots of hats, and realistic firearms.
2. Friendly service! Whether you need help getting into a costume, or making a decision on which set to choose for your photo, the helpful employees do it all with a smile.
3. Good deals! They always have some type of special offer, like two photos for the price of one, or money-saving packages.
Schedule this week: Sunday, March 25 - Monday, March 26 - Wednesday, March 28: 10:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m. and Friday, March 30 & Saturday, March 31: 10:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m.
Location: 2715 West Highway 76 (a.k.a. Country Music Boulevard) in Suite 105 - next door to Jimmy John’s - Papa John’s Pizza is at the other end of the plaza. (This is the ONLY location for Branson’s Famous Old Time Photos - make sure you visit the right shop!)
History of Fishing Museum: An astonishing array of everything “fishing,” including antique lures, rods, reels, boat motors, and more, all collected by one man and his wife!
3 Reasons Why We Love The History of Fishing Museum:
1. It’s unique! Very few museums dedicated to one of America’s favorite sports and pastimes even exist, let alone one that’s filled top to bottom with one man’s lifetime collection.
2. Fascinating history! There’s a Spike Reel, the first fishing reel known to exist - a Snyder Reel from 1840, the first casting reel made in the U.S. (it set a world record for the most expensive fishing tackle item ever sold at an American auction) - fishing artifacts dating back to pre-colonial times, and used by Native Americans.
3. There’s more than tackle! The museum also boasts a huge collection of dinosaur bones and fish fossils.
Schedule this week: Sunday, March 25: 12:00 noon to 6:00 p.m. - Monday, March 26 through Saturday, March 31: 10:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
Location: Just off Branson’s famous Highway 76 - The Strip - for a great ticket price, call 877-688-3179!
The Johnson Strings: A family of eight delivers an incredible array of music favorites on a wide variety of instruments, including the violin/fiddle, piano, mandolin, upright bass, and more!
3 Reasons Why We Love The Johnson Strings:
1. Family of eight! What’s not to love? Mom, Dad, and six offspring, all with tremendous talent - singing, playing multiple instruments - amazing! And all six Johnson siblings have been classically trained in the Suzuki Method.
2. Talent beyond music! One of the girls bakes - you’ll find her baked goods in the theater’s concession area - and another paints, draws, sculpts, and has her own portrait photography service.
3. Variety in an intimate setting! The 100 seat theater makes for an incredible, up-close-and-personal guest experience, perfect for enjoying music that includes Irish melodies, bluegrass, gospel, classical, and patriotic numbers.
Schedule this week: Tuesday, March 26 - Thursday, March 29 - Friday, March 30: all shows at 7:30 p.m.
Venue: The Majestic Theatre
Million Dollar Quartet: A Tony Award-winning Broadway show that shares a legendary spur-of-the-moment jam session at Sun Records studio in Memphis in 1956.
3 Reasons Why We Love Million Dollar Quartet
1. Four rock legends! Carl Perkins, Jerry Lee Lewis, Johnny Cash, and Elvis - who knew that these iconic artists had once decide to jam at Sun Studios? Fortunately for the music world, the session was recorded!
2. Phenomenal production! From the costumes, sound, stage sets, and the inclusion of Dyanne, Elvis’ girlfriend at the time, it’s easy to see why this show is a Tony winner.
3. All that music! “Great Balls of Fire,” “I Walk the Line,” “Hound Dog,” “Blue Suede Shoes,” and “Riders in the Sky,” are just a few of the incredible songs you’ll hear!
Schedule this week: Wednesday, March 28 - Thursday, March 29 - Saturday, March 31 at 8:00 p.m.
Venue: Welk Resort Theatre
Reza - Edge of Illusion: Mesmerizes audiences in Branson with everything from sleight-of-hand to grand illusions!
3 Reasons Why We Love Reza - Edge of Illusion
1. Magical variety! From a grand illusion with a motorcycle, to a charming one with an Oreo cookie, Reza gives us a nice variety of magic!
2. A personal connection! With a relatable personality and a boatload of charm, Reza has a unique ability to connect with each and every audience member - young and old alike.
3. Perfect for the family! One of the greatest things about a magic show is the whole family will have a wonderful time - don’t forget to bring along grandma and grandpa, too!
Schedule this week: Sunday, March 25 at 8:00 p.m. and Tuesday, March 27 - Thursday, March 29 - Friday, March 30 - Saturday, March 31: all at 2:00 p.m.
Venue: Branson’s Famous Theatre
St. James Winery & Restaurant: Branson’s newest winery has become the place for everything from wine tastings to delicious food!
3 Reasons Why We Love St. James Winery & Restaurant
1. Uh...how about WINE! St. James is Missouri’s most awarded winery, and you’ll find many of their most popular wines right here in Branson!
2. The great outdoors! St. James offers a beautiful patio/backyard area where guests can enjoy a game of bocce ball, relax with snacks and a glass of wine, and see some great live entertainment
3. Delightful dining! A charming dining area, an excellent menu - especially the wood-fired oven pizza - and an atmosphere that invites you to linger over another glass of wine, and maybe spend some time in the nice gift shop, where you can take home St. James wine by the bottle or the case!
Schedule this week: Monday, March 26 through Thursday, March 29: 11:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m. and Friday, March 30 - Saturday, March 31: 11:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m.
Location: 405 State Highway 165 - less than a block off Branson’s famous Highway 76 - The Strip.
Give us a call for more information on everything we’re lovin’ in Branson this week - you’ll find a helpful vacation planning specialist at 877-688-3179. We’ll also help you with tickets to just about anything in Branson, and package your tickets with lodging for significant savings. Don’t forget to check back with us in a week to see what we’ll be lovin’ next!