Can you believe June is almost over? Even scarier, you haven’t headed to Branson yet this year! If you plan to be here this week...yes! We’ve got four great shows for you to see; if you can’t head to Branson just yet, that’s OK, these shows have more performance dates coming up!
Another “can’t believe it’s here already” milestone...we’re up to our 16th issue of this series. This week, we’re suggesting a fabulous tribute to a rock music icon, Branson’s only outdoor drama, a satisfying celebration of the songwriter, and a long-time Branson legend. Just a reminder, these are Branson-based shows with extended schedules throughout the year, so if you’re not in town for the coming week, no worries - just give us a call to let us know when you’ll be here and we’ll make sure you have tickets to all four of these wonderful shows, and anything else you want to see!
In this weekly series, we talk about shows, attractions, activities, and more - everything we’re sure you’ll love about Branson...check us out every Sunday to see what we’re lovin’ lately!
Here, in alphabetical order, is What We Love in Branson This Week:
Billy Yates’ Hit Songwriters in the Round: A truly unique show in Branson; it’s a rare opportunity for audiences to not only meet the incredible songwriters behind the music, but hear them perform the hits they created!
3 Reasons Why We Love Billy Yates’ Hit Songwriters in the Round
1. Authentic! Other than phenomenal, there’s no better word to describe this show - it’s a true one-of-a-kind, and not just for Branson,but for any destination that hangs its hat on live entertainment!
2. Favorite songs! The songwriters you’ll hear will share the hits they wrote for artists like George Jones, Blake Shelton, Tim McGaw, Trisha Yearwood, Martina McBride, and more.
3. More than music! Not only will you hear the works of an incredible array of songwriters, including the award-winning Billy Yates himself, you’ll hear the stories behind all that sensational music!
Schedule this week: Friday, June 29 at 7:30 p.m. and Saturday, June 30 at 10:30 p.m.
Location: Americana Theatre on The Strip
Clay Cooper’s Country Express: No debate, Cooper is hands-down one of Branson’s most iconic performers! His talent, sense of humor, and winning personality means you’ll see him in destination marketing materials, hosting countless events, and winning over new fans daily!
3 Reasons Why We Love Clay Cooper’s Country Express
1. Great variety! Country may be prominent in the show’s name, but this high energy show doesn’t limit itself to just one genre - you’ll enjoy a great array of songs from several genres and eras in music.
2. Strong cast! Clay and his wife, Tina, have surrounded themselves with a hugely talented cast of singers, dancers, and with the unforgettable comedy of the hilarious Matt Gumm!
3. Holiday celebrations! Clay Cooper gives us two big reasons to see his show again - Christmas and New Year’s Eve! Cooper and cast deliver a memorable Christmas show during November and December, and team up with The Haygoods for one of Branson’s favorite shows for ringing in the New Year.
Schedule this week: Monday, June 25 - Wednesday, June 27 - Friday, June 29 at 7:30 p.m.
Location: The Clay Cooper Theatre on The Strip
Jagger - The Rolling Stones Concert Tribute: Unless you’re talking about The Beatles, and you’ll hear arguments even then from diehard Stones’ fans, this show pays tribute to the world’s biggest rock band and its iconic, eccentric, a very talented lead singer.
3 Reasons Why We Love Jagger - The Rolling Stones Concert Tribute
1. Decades of hits! It’s likely you won’t find a bigger catalog of rock ‘n’ roll hits than that amassed by the Stones; songs you’ll enjoy in the show include “Start Me Up,” “Tumblin’ Dice,” “Jumpin’ Jack Flash,” “It’s Only Rock ‘N Roll (But I Like It,)” “(I Can’t Get No) Satisfaction,” “Honky Tonk Woman,” and “Angie.”
2. Big show, intimate setting! You’re getting a show filled with music made famous by a big arena-filling act, except you won’t be sitting in nose-bleed seats or getting trounced in a mosh pit here - all the seats in the theater feel up-close-and-personal with all the action on stage!
3. Strong cast! You’ll experience the music like it was meant to be heard, courtesy of a great cast who pay sincere homage to a legendary band.
Schedule this week: Monday, June 25 - Wednesday, June 27 - Friday, June 29 at 2:00 p.m.
Location: Jerry Presley’s God & Country Theatres
Shepherd of the Hills Outdoor Drama: A true Branson legend, it’s the area’s only outdoor production, so fortunately for everyone who loves a live performance filled with drama, music, and laughter, it’s also one of Branson’s most interesting, engaging, and enjoyable productions!
3 Reasons Why We Love Shepherd of the Hills Outdoor Drama
1. An unforgettable original! There’s nothing else quite like it….a show that shares the tale of the hard life lived by Ozarks’ settlers as told in the best-selling book by Harold Bell Wright, one he authored after visiting the area in the late 1800s.
2. Attention to detail! This huge production features a big cast of both human and animal actors, authentic special effects that include a real burning building, a set that reflects the times, and everthing else needed to capture your attention and imagination!
3. A Branson landmark! The Outdoor Drama, and Homestead where it’s hosted, are genuine landmarks in the Branson area, and with most of the performers being local, acting in the production is nearly a rite of passage for long-time residents - you’ll see actors who are second and third generations of family who’ve portrayed the fascinating characters over the past 50-plus years.
Schedule this week: Tuesday, June 26 - Thursday, June 28 - Saturday, June 30 - at 8:30 p.m.
Location: West Highway 76 (a.k.a. Country Music Boulevard) at the Shepherd of the Hills Homestead
We hope you’re visiting Branson this week, or planning to be here in the near future, and we’re ready to reserve your tickets for any of these fabulous shows - just give us a call at 877-688-3179.