What We Love In Branson This Week!
Well, so far, it’s been a fun and busy April in Branson, and it’s only gonna get better! For edition #6 of the weekly series, “What We Love In Branson This Week,” we offer five phenomenal shows you just have to see!
In this series, we talk about shows, attractions, and more that’s top of mind for us right now, so it’s different each week - catch us every week to find out what we’re loving lately!
Here, in alphabetical order, is What We Love in Branson This Week:
Doo Wop & The Drifters: The soulful sounds of the 50’s and 60’s from a great artist lineup, showing us how the best beats of today’s rap, hip hop, rock, and pop can trace their roots to doo-wop!
3 Reasons Why We Love Doo Wop & The Drifters
1. Derek Ventura! A fabulously talented entertainer, he’s an original member of the 70’s era Drifters, one of the strongest lineups the group has ever known...well, until we heard the current group performing in Branson!
2. Music with a beat! How can you “beat” songs that’ll have you tappin’ your toes, clappin’ your hands, and even singin’ and dancin’ along...well, that’s an easy one - you can’t!
3. It just feels good! There’s something about doo wop and other unforgettable songs of that era that leaves you feeling cheerful, relaxed, and with a satisfied smile on your face!
Schedule this week: Monday, April 16 & Tuesday, April 17 at 7:00 p.m. and Saturday, April 21 at 2:00 p.m.
Venue: Hot Hits Theatre in Historic Downtown Branson
Motown Downtown Tribute: It’s those smooth grooves and dance moves of Motown and other sweet soul music that we just can’t live without!
3 Reasons Why We Love Motown Downtown Tribute
1. Motown, Motown, Motown! Maybe a few decades have passed since Motown Records ruled Detroit, and later Los Angeles, but it represented a sound so incredible, it continues to gain new fans to this day!
2. The cozy setting! We love those big arena shows and spacious theaters, but there’s something really special about an up-close-and-personal performance in a small venue that makes for a truly memorable experience.
3. Small frills - big talent! The unassuming venue - no gimmicks - no fancy special effects - it all comes down to a group of exceptional artists singing a bunch of your favorite songs - you’re gonna love it as much as we do!
Schedule this week: Sunday, April 15 & Wednesday, April 18 through Saturday, April 21 - all shows at 7:00 p.m.
Venue: Hot Hits Theatre in Historic Downtown Branson
Sinatra & Friends: A phenomenal Branson show that represents a fascinating journey through the incomparable catalog of music from the unforgettable Chairman of the Board!
3 Reasons Why We Love Sinatra & Friends
1. What a list of songs! You’re gonna hear the greats, including "That's Life," "Fly Me to the Moon," "My Way," "New York, New York" and "My Kind of Town."
2. It’s Sinatra...and more! As if Ol’ Blue Eyes isn’t enough, this fun show includes a tribute to his best buds, like Tony Bennett, Paul Anka, Doris Day, Ella Fitzgerald, Dean Martin, and Judy Garland.
3. Unique and rare film footage! In addition to the live singing performances, you’ll enjoy film footage of rarely seen, original interviews, as well as big-screen performances.
Schedule this week: Tuesday, April 17 & Friday, April 20 at 10:00 a.m. and Sunday, April 15 & Thursday, April 19 at 8:00 p.m.
Venue: King’s Castle Theatre
Smoke on the Mountain: One of the most hilarious and charming live productions is delivered in the form of the Sanders Family Singers as they take over the Mt. Pleasant Baptist Church choir!
3 Reasons Why We Love Smoke on the Mountain
1. It’s that cast! Mere seconds into this enchanting live stage musical, you’ll know that this incredible cast of players is going to deliver the most fun you’ve had in forever!
2. An irresistible story! You’ll adore the Sanders Family - each quirky and lovable character - and especially the congregation, which turns out to be you - the audience!
3. It’s got a great history! Before it became Branson’s beloved, the story delighted the big cities, garnering rave reviews like ”A charming and funny celebration of Americana,” from the New York Times.
Schedule this week: Tuesday, April 17 through Saturday, April 21 at 8:00 p.m.
Venue: The Little Opry Theatre at the IMAX Entertainment Complex
Statler Brothers Revisited: Courtesy of the Class of ‘57, you’ll experience the iconic music of a legendary group, delivered by some of Branson’s best artists!
3 Reasons Why We Love Statler Brothers Revisited
1. Timeless hits! “Do You Remember These,” “Flowers on the Wall,” “I’ll Go to My Grave Loving You,” “Class of ‘57,” and “Whatever Happened to Randolph Scott” are some of the songs you’ll hear.
2. Spot on vocals! With a fantastic lineup of singers, including Roy Morris (one half of one of Branson’s favorite couples - the other half is country legend, Barbara Fairchild,) the unforgettable music of the Statlers is presented in pure perfection!
3. It’s at God & Country! Backed by a great band, this excellent quartet performs at the popular God & Country Theatres, a complex of small and intimate live show venues ideal for tributes, including the long-running Statler Brothers Revisited.
Schedule this week: Tuesday, April 17 & Thursday, April 19 at 8:00 p.m.
Venue: Jerry Presley’s God & Country Theatres
Once again, we’re giving you some options for great shows to see in Branson, now all you need to do is pick up the phone, dial 877-688-3179, and chat with one of our helpful vacation planning specialists...in no time, you’ll be saving big money on tickets to one - or why not all - of these “best in Branson” shows this week!