Maybe you’re one of those people who prefer your weather hot -- or one of those warm-blooded folks who love it cold -- either way, you’re sure to be someone who appreciates the beauty of Autumn! Not every destination can boast a colorful season this time of year, but Branson sure can -- in addition to enjoying all the color peppering the hills throughout the area, Branson offers a lot of fun for the Fall season! Here are seven things we won’t miss this Fall:
1. Silver Dollar City’s National Crafts & Cowboy Festival! With 125 demonstrating craftsmen visiting the award-winning theme park, this festival could make Fall your new favorite time of year! Crafts include needlework, folk art, pottery, basketry, fiddle-making, jewelry making, and much more, and special events feature wild mustangs, chuck wagon cooking, and an old-fashioned barn dance, as well as a long list of eats, sweets, and other irresistible treats!
2. Annual Fundraisers for Breast Cancer Foundation of the Ozarks! Two big annual events take place in Branson to benefit the Foundation, an organization that helps raise awareness and provides a variety of services -- Tangerstyle Fit for a Cure 5K Run/Walk on October 1, and Branson Landing’s Paint the Landing Pink on October 7.
3. The Ozarks Legacy Days Vintage Baseball Festival! Vintage baseball teams from across the Midwest will be sporting 19th-century period production uniforms, play according to game rules of the 1800’s, and use period-authentic equipment. On November 10, Ballparks of America will host a vintage baseball demonstration, and the games on November 11 and 12 will be played at Branson’s RecPlex.
4. Grand Country’s Half Marathon & 5K! The iconic entertainment, lodging, and dining complex will host a race on October 1 to benefit the Branson Education Foundation.
5. The Branson Farmer’s Market! Welcoming guests and residents alike, this “every Tuesday” market will be open through October 31. Nothing feels like Fall more than a good farmer’s market; you’ll find locally-grown produce, handmade products, local artists, and more. Located in the South parking lot of Branson Landing along lovely Lake Taneycomo.
6. Ziplining! Driving around the area is certainly a good way to enjoy the Autumn countryside, but you can also get a good view of the scenery by hopping on a local zipline -- we highly recommend Branson Zipline, where you’ll discover a variety of tours that take you through hilly terrain bursting with fantastic Fall foliage!
7. Fall Foliage Driving Tours! We saved the most obvious for last! Although we recently shared information about enjoying Fall colors in the Ozarks, it’s a special kind of pretty that’s well worth repeating! You can head out from Branson for a leisurely drive in every direction and find beautifully winding roads lined with trees, stunning lake views, and scenic overlooks along the way that provide great photo opps.
As you can see, the Fall season is an ideal time to visit Branson, and you can add many more things to this brief list of seven, including music shows, shopping, dining, and everything else that makes Branson a standout destination any time of the year! To help plan your Fall visit, one that includes everything from shows and attractions to lodging, contact our friendly vacation planning specialists and be ready to Fall in love with Branson this Autumn!